Menu
Rob2017uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Catch up and TiVo faults

Can anyone help me please I've been having a lot of hassle with my 2 Tivo boxes I keep getting error 319 while trying to watch something on catch up and on top of that I'm unable to watch some of the programmes that's been recorded also they tend to miss recordings like there's no tomorrow I phoned the tech helpline to be more or less pushed to one side as if they didn't care I've got 3 months left on my contract and if this isn't sorted and I don't get treated with respect like I do them then I won't be renewing my contract also my wife is seriously disabled to the point she needs all of the services to be in operation I hope someone can help me I've had nothing but trouble since I've been with Virgin I'm paying £70 for services that I'm not able to use correctly one more thing is the new routers are rubbish I have to keep on restarting it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up and TiVo faults

Hi Rob2017uk,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area currently affecting services - Ref.(F0049975630). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 19th January.

I understand how frustrating this is for you! Once the network issue has cleared, I'll run diagnostics on your equipment and make sure it's all working as it should be.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rob2017uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh for getting back to me I have an engineer coming out tomorrow 16/01/17 between 16:00 and 19:00 because my new TiVo boxes have failed the hard drives are making loud banging noises and won't record I've asked the faults team if they can provide me with the new V6 boxes to try and they said yes if I speak to customer services of which I did and they expect me to pay nearly £70 for a box that I shouldn't have to pay for as their TiVo boxes are failing me hope you can help me as to what else can be done hope to speak soon

Rob
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I think you're perhaps confusing VM with Sky - you just rent the boxes from VM, so there is no charge associated to replace them if they become faulty.

If you wish to upgrade the boxes to a newer model, then yes there's going to be a charge associated with this.

In this instance the boxes are functioning correctly, but there is a wider fault in your area affecting more than just your installation.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Rob2017uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I can reassure you I'm not getting mixed up sky I can also tell you now these boxes are not operational your information is wrong every time there is a blooming fault someone always tells me that these rubbish boxes are operating when they ain't I'm not being funny here but someone in the tech team PROMISED that if I continue having problems then YES they would replace my current boxes with the NEWEST BOXES FREE OF CHARGE as for there being a problem in my area I've checked with my neighbors who all have VM and non of them are having problems I want this sorting before I take it further or VM might loose another customer because they ain't competent enough to deal with my situation please don't think I'm being funny but I'm annoyed and don't like being told that these TiVo boxes are working when they ain't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

While the tech may replace your faulty boxes tomorrow, but unless you have it written down I would expect it highly unlikely that you'll receive V6 boxes at no charge.

Who told you it would happen?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Rob2017uk
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've been told by 5 different people from the tech department as well as 2 customer service representatives all promised me it would happen if this continues and the phone calls are recorded and monitored so surely if VM went back on their word then I can have them
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob2017uk

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced recently.

I'm just checking in to see how things are at the moment? If you're still experiencing the issue, get in touch and I'll take a look as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rob2017uk
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I am still facing trouble with TiVo box the engineer only replaced the one box as he stated that the other one is working fine when it isn't it keeps turning itself off then restarting itself I could be watching live tv and it randomly shuts itself down then restarts I really want this problem fixing as it's gone too far it's been over 2 weeks it's been like this.

Hope you can help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Rob2017uk

I've checked the ticket Josh has mentioned and it's been resolved, I've also tested your set top box and we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment.

How did your engineer appointment go earlier in the week?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos