Menu
johno587
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't sign into Android TV Anywhere App

I am unable to sign into the TV Anywhere App on my Sony Xperia Z5.  I can sign into the desktop version on my PC, so my username and password are correct, and I have checked when inputting into the App. I have tried signing in using a different Android phone and a tablet, but it responds "Invalid username & password. Make sure you use your full My Virgin Media username".  It would appear that the app is not working.  Can someone arrange for it to be repaired.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't sign into Android TV Anywhere App

Hi johno587,

Thanks for your post on the Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to login on the TV Anywhere Android app. Is this working for you now?

I've re-synchronised both TV Anywhere and Sky Sports/Sky Cinema on your account, so just reboot your TiVo and retry. If this still isn't working, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and retry.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
johno587
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've reset Tivo box, by turning off leaving for 5 mins and restarting. I've removed android app, rebooted phone then restarting it. I then reinstalled the app, input my email address and password, that I use to access virginmedia. It still will not sign it. I can sign into tvanywhere using the browser or on a pc. It is the Android app that is not working. Can you please help me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi johno587,

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

As you're able to sign in to TV Anywhere online, this rules out an account issue. 

The only other thing I can think of that is that the phone is automatically capitalising the first letters of the email address and / or password. Are you typing them in yourself or do you have them auto filled from saved details? 

I have re-synced things up and hopefully this should help things. 

Try again and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johno587
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've carefully checked that my user name and password are entered correctly and the first letters have not changed case. Still unable to sign in.

Tried an additional account and that signed in, logged out and then resigned with main account, this time it worked.

Problem finally solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johno587,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back to us Smiley Happy

That is certainly great news that the TV Anywhere is now working, I'm really chuffed for you.

If you do require any more help please let me know. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos