Menu
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BBC One London Gone?

I have been watch BBC Breakfast as normal and for some reason my BBc One (On channel 101) said BBc HD cannot show regional news - even though I'm watching the standard channel.

Also noticed the channel name is just BBC One, I always thought it was labelled as BBC One London.

Is there a problem with virgin or has my account got confused? Little irritating I cannot see the local travel news
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC One London Gone?

May be a problem with your box, but leave it a few days to see if it persists. Also try rebooting, & see if this has any effect.

PS. During BBC Breakfast you can watch the BBC London News by selecting the BBC News channel (601 or 604).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can't see my local news though which is why I watch it! Just changing to the news isn't the issue! I commute and I know what im facing - I don't see how wait a few days is valid advice. I am paying for a service and if something has gone wrong should be able to be fixed!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Then ring faults as per the advice on your bill, & they will investigate. Its 150 (free) from any Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111 from other operators. You will be waiting a couple of days for a Forum Team response here anyway. The primary purpose of the forums is for customers to share advice with eachother.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We noticed the same thing, normally only happens if you happen to be watching BBC Breakfast on 601. The Mrs missed the travel news so was a bit annoyed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BBC Breakfast always shows BBC London News in the regional opt outs on BBC News channel (601 & 604) as these channels are not regional. This is because the BBC London News originates from the same complex as the BBC News channel. Your regional news should be on channel 101.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As per my post I was on 101. That's why I posted!
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Most likely a switching error at BBC - it occasionally happens and then during the breakfast show

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

Most likely a switching error at BBC - it occasionally happens and then during the breakfast show

Seen this happen before. At least if you are in London then you can switch from BBC One to the News channel as they both carry London News. Not much use to the rest of us if there is a problem on One.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

marsboy wrote:
As per my post I was on 101. That's why I posted!

I was answering sidsewell's post, not yours.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos