Menu
Blackadder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Instant Video on Tivo?

Hi

Please can you tell me when Amazon Instant Video will be on my Virgin HD Tivo?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Amazon Instant Video on Tivo?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Tivo-and-amazon-instant/td-p/2200954

Kath_F wrote:

Hi herc182,

We're always looking at improving our services so all suggestions are welcome Smiley Happy

We haven't got any plans for an amazon app currently but who knows what the future will bring Smiley Happy

Eyes and ears close to the ground Smiley Wink

Also I don't think Amazon have written an app for the Kindle fire as of yet so I would imagine the tivo is way down the list

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PrinterElf wrote:

dannylau wrote:

Also I don't think Amazon have written an app for the Kindle fire as of yet so I would imagine the tivo is way down the list

I would expect that TiVo is still ahead of Android!

You may be right

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/amazon-prime-instant-video-may-join-netflix-on-virgin-media-t...

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When Amazon write an app and approach VM to put it on TiVo...

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Or when hell freezes over because it is a competitor for Netflix - VM's current partner?

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Tivo-and-amazon-instant/td-p/2200954

Kath_F wrote:

Hi herc182,

We're always looking at improving our services so all suggestions are welcome Smiley Happy

We haven't got any plans for an amazon app currently but who knows what the future will bring Smiley Happy

Eyes and ears close to the ground Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PrinterElf wrote:

dannylau wrote:

You may be right

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/amazon-prime-instant-video-may-join-netflix-on-virgin-media-t...

0 Kudos
theone2k10
Up to speed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TBF no disrespect to the staff on here, but i really wouldn't ask about any new channels launching on VM here. Chances are the staff here just write from a script "no plans for such n such channel" as they don't know until the channel launches.

There can only be one
0 Kudos
Grunge
Up to speed
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

dannylau wrote:

Kindle will be one of there main markets and from what I have read already works on them.  Standard android though is another matter,  I have read that they have no intention of ever supporting standard Android.

Which is a shame as I would be all over this if they did.  the offline video is a killer USP for my commute.

benpoole
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I realise I'm somewhat late to this but we're 9 months down the line and still no app. An Amazon Instant app already exists for the "vanilla" TiVo and has done for some time. So the only reason I can see is that there must be some clause in the contract with Netflix. It would be nice if Virgin could be upfront about this.
passingbat
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

benpoole wrote:
I realise I'm somewhat late to this but we're 9 months down the line and still no app. An Amazon Instant app already exists for the "vanilla" TiVo and has done for some time. So the only reason I can see is that there must be some clause in the contract with Netflix. It would be nice if Virgin could be upfront about this.

Up until recently,  the US Tivo only allowed downloading of purchased Amazon video titles.

About a month ago, an app that would allow streaming of the free Prime video was added to the latest US Tivo, the Roamio. The report that I read said that it would not be available on the US Tivo Premier (which is what the VM Tivo is based on) until 2015. So, come sometime in 2015, if Amazon and VM want to do a deal, technically, there shouldn't be a problem.

0 Kudos