Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Freakishly Helpful
robson689

Re: Video Services Buffering pt2

cyphertheory wrote:
you're right, I meant to say the ASA. it's clearly misleading advertising however and as far as i recall the ASA do have authority over online advertising as well.

Yeah, the ASA have had online powers since March 2011. VM could argue that it isn't misleading though as it says "You could say bye bye to buffering" and doesn't promise anything. You would have to report it and see what happens =)

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
cyphertheory

[ Edited ]

I have just finished submitting the complaint to the ASA. I will update with any feedback from them I can

According to the ASA Virign were forbidden from implying users would not suffer buffering. do you think the loose use of the term could absolves them of that? not sure, seems a bit slippery

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/7/Virgin-Media-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_193801.aspx

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
puressenceuk

Worse than ever - trying to watch of all things the weather forecast on BBC.  In SD, tiny little window and all of a 90 second clip and it gets 10 seconds in then fails completely.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
moroboshi

So I called India tonight and was told a couple of odd things. The first is that there is no national fault with streaming video, and the second is that there is a local issue with my connection that will be fixed in 2 weeks.

Unsatisfied I was transfered to someone in the UK who again insisted there was no national fault. They were also totally unaware of this thread, or the stories on The Register. They went away and checked and said actually yes there is a national fault, but it just affects a tiny number of users, and that the fault has only existed for 2 days and would be fixed in 2 days. I was also told that the local issue with my connection would be fixed in January, but they couldn't promise anything. I was also told that I could try alternatives to YouTube and iPlayer, like Daily Motion. What great, sagely advice there.

This service is a farce, a train wreck, an abomination. The staff have absolutely no clue what is going on and seem powerless, and to be frank, utterly disinterested in providing any answers. Customer service with UK companies is generally terrible, but Virgin really take the biscuit. So well done, you are the most incompetant, untrustworthy, and rudest company in the country. Full marks for not giving a **bleep** to an epic level.

Please use plain text.
Raiz

This really is rather terrible. Some more insight into exactly what the problem is would be useful, especially since you are amassing qutie a pool of disgruntled customers with no sight of a resolution (or so it seems).

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
robson689

moroboshi wrote:

So I called India tonight and was told a couple of odd things. The first is that there is no national fault with streaming video, and the second is that there is a local issue with my connection that will be fixed in 2 weeks.

Unsatisfied I was transfered to someone in the UK who again insisted there was no national fault. They were also totally unaware of this thread, or the stories on The Register. They went away and checked and said actually yes there is a national fault, but it just affects a tiny number of users, and that the fault has only existed for 2 days and would be fixed in 2 days. I was also told that the local issue with my connection would be fixed in January, but they couldn't promise anything. I was also told that I could try alternatives to YouTube and iPlayer, like Daily Motion. What great, sagely advice there.

This service is a farce, a train wreck, an abomination. The staff have absolutely no clue what is going on and seem powerless, and to be frank, utterly disinterested in providing any answers. Customer service with UK companies is generally terrible, but Virgin really take the biscuit. So well done, you are the most incompetant, untrustworthy, and rudest company in the country. Full marks for not giving a **bleep** to an epic level.

That's blatent lie from the telephone staff right there! This problem for some has been going on for a good 6 months and recently it has been affecting a heck of a lot more people. I would've thought that with a company the size of Virgin Media they would make sure that all of their support departments (telephone, forum, etc) communicate and all know what's going on so the customer isn't lied to.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
puressenceuk

EMP v.3.1.0.r749603_749269_749444_6
Playlist URL : http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/emp/7720000/7725400/7725418.xml
Error code : CDNRedundancyManagerError [0] :
null

Getting this error now - any ideas anyone?
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
blue166

Virgin Media this is a disgrace!!

Can we get any TRUTH FULL information on this matter? Not we will bring extra capacity soon as that does not help us now. Re routing?? Like where is it being re routed?? Via India like your calls are being re routed!!!!!!

Just be flaming clear with us and stop messing us around. I will never recommend Virgin Media's service to anyone.

Waiting For Fault Ref: F002863871. - High Utilisation To Be Fixed !!
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
jedimaster007

[ Edited ]

I'm really frustrated by this - like someone else said what use is a decent connection if you can't stream Youtube.

Virgin need to come clean and fix this problem. Its obvious its a problem thats been around for quite a long time and is affecting a lot of people.

It needs to be addressed and fixed as a matter of priority - Virgin if you can be bothered to read these threads you need to realize you have a lot of annoyed and fed up customers.

I would not recommend Virgin Broadband to anyone whilst its like this - and the customer support is a complete joke.

C'mon Virgin FIX IT!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
cyphertheory

Can I suggest that anyone who has ongoing issues sent their story to BBC watchdog, the more pressure we put on virgin to look at and fix the issue the better as we seemingly have been told its going to get better and then silence and no further updates when next to no one noticed any improvements

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/
Please use plain text.