One to Watch
jazztonish

How much does Early Termination Charge cost for Virgin broadband and phoneline service?

Hi all.

I would like to cancel the contract with Virgin early because I will move out. The service was activated around late September last year. And I'll probably move out around August this year. So I would be 10th or 11th month out of 12-month contract around that time.

However, I don't know which option is better whether paying for the cancellation charge or continue paying for the service which I will no longer use it until it reaches 12th month.

And is there any other way to contact Virgin for cancellation rather than calling them since I heard that it took so much time for some customers to wait for them on the phone?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: How much does Early Termination Charge cost for Virgin broadband and phoneline service?

[ Edited ]

If you wish to cancel your services you will have to contact Virgin by telephone.

It should not take very long to speak to the House Moves team. They will be able to advise you of any Early Disconnection Fee you will have to pay

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Wizard
pbibs

Re: How much does Early Termination Charge cost for Virgin broadband and phoneline service?

Just move house mate.  Send them a letter saying you wish to terminate your contract due to unforseen circumstances.  Dont give them ur next address and you will never hear from them again.  Their **bleep** cant speak to their elbow in any aspect of customer services so just "do one".  Bet you a pound to a penny that that will be the end of it.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
izools

I'd agree, unfortunately VM now report the running of your account to Equifax.

Even if you move, if you take just one account with you (bank account, credit card, mobile phone) this will create a link to your old address on your credit file and anyone who searches EQ will see the negative data.

Barclaycard, Sygma, HSBC, RBS Group (Natwest), O2, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, BT, and TalkTalk... oh and Bank of Ireland (Post Office Card) all search Equifax so forget getting anything from these guys for the next couple of years if you default on your Virgin Lease Hire agreement.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
pbibs

Credit history is very much linked to addresses rather than individuals.  Just use a different bank account or card when setting up a new isp.  In any case if the guys contract ran frm Sept last year to August this year he has virtually had a full term anyway.  Just pay the last month.

Please use plain text.