Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
Davidrawr

30mb the most unstable connection I've ever had the displeasure to use.

So after living in another town with some mates for a few years on the 50mb package I decided when I moved back home to ditch my parents' 4mb ADSL connection for a cable one. This was my first choice.<br><br>Ever since installed in March my connection has been unstable as hell. I've had an attenuator fitted, which seems do have done sweet F A, as I'm still disconnecting all the freaking time.<br><br>It wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't a hardcore gamer. Heck, I'm not even impressed with the horrendous 10ms latency decrease from ADSL (and it still spikes all over the place as if I'm on a phone line).<br><br>Basically I'm at my wits end right now. Sitting here typing this on my phone using my parents' 100% uptime ADSL wondering what the f I'm paying £28.50 a month for.<br><br><br>Since I'm connected to another router:<br><br>network access: denied<br><br>downstream<br>power: 50 dBmV, SNR: 34.1 dB<br><br>upstream<br>frequency: 0 Hz, power: 0.0 dBmV<br><br><br>Also, why the hell am I forced to use this super hub? I'm convinced all of my problems this year boil down to shoddy workmanship that goes into these things.<br><br>FML, if this doesn't show any improvement in a week's time I'm switching to BT infinity.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Davidrawr

Re: 30mb the most unstable connection I've ever had the displeasure to use.

Wth is all of that formatting doing in my post? For gods sake.

Quick update, I'm now sat at -0.8 dBmV power on my downstream and 40.0 up.

Still got 3 flashing green lights on the super hub and no access to the network whatsoever.
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
pippincp

[ Edited ]

Power levels from the hub? U/S & D/S. You should have more than 1 D/S channel if you are posting in this forum.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please note: I have no connection with Virgin Media. All posts are my own opinion only.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Davidrawr

I'm posting on my phone via an ADSL wireless connection. I have modem config up on my pc.

When I posted I only had 1 channel. About 2 minutes ago I got a brief minute of Internet connectivity before disconnecting again. Now I once again have 1 DS channel showing 47.7 dBmV.

It seems to cycle between a brief OK spell, followed by all channels showing 0 for everything, followed by 1 channel with ridiculous power levels.

I reiterate, I do currently have an attenuator fitted, and when it DOES work I get between 5 and 8 dBmV over (I think) 3 channels.

My logs show about a dozen critical errors tonight alone.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

I would try a pinhole reset on the hub first.

Reboot the hub and see if you can aquire 3 or more downstream channels.

If not, it could be an area problem or your hub is borked, either way you will need to contact VM for resolution. You can either wait here for 3 to 5 days for a mod to pick up the thread or give them a call for a quicker response.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Davidrawr

Already tried that, and I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

I'll wait for a mod to pick this up as I work nights.
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi Davidrawr,

I have sent you a PM, can you please reply with the information requested and we will look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Neil D
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.