Ask a question
One to Watch
Quit

Why my bill increased and I lost student contract

Dear Admins,

I have lost my student contract. Right now, I'm getting Broadband L with cost of 22.50 pound and the term of 12 months. But I had a contract which was BroadBand L student, 9 months long and 21 pound per month.

What the hell happenend? Is there a problem with the VirginMedia or It's me, who doesn't understand something?

This is image of my previous contract: 

March.jpg

This is image of my current contract:

April.jpg 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Gordy1965

Re: Why my bill increased and I lost student contract

When did you sign the contract as I thought the student discount was only for 9 months............any new contract would be for 12 months after that.

Check as it was probably down to you to cancel the contract after 9 month or it would revert to full price.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Quit

Well, I have signed the contract on October 6th. So it should have finished on July 6th, but somehow it finished now. So there is problem with Virgin Media, because right now, I got 12 months contract, instead of 9, and if I do not cancel the contract now (not paying any cancellation fee, because of the change of prices), I will have to keep it until October 6th.

What is wrong? Somehow I do not understand this change from the perspective of Virgin Media.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

You will have to ring VM (data protection on your account).

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Quit

Well it's quite expensive to call from other country just to find out whether the VM changed my plan without my permission as they did that with my bill. Can you give me a phone number for this service? and for the calcellation service as well, please?

Thank you very much. 

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Quit

ding dong... someone? who knows those numbers, please, respond ? I would appreciate that. Thank you, once more.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
AMD87

[ Edited ]

bb went up 22.50 on the 1/04 you would have had a letter/email informing you of that.

0845 454 1111

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
James_C

Hi Quit,

As we are unable to discuss account or billing information on the forums you will need to call 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0845 454 1111.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

James_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.