Fresh as a Daisy
Kambiz

Fibre Optic Available in my area?

[ Edited ]

Hellooo

I want to switch to virgin media A.S.A.P because I am really getting **bleep** service off Talk Talk :smileyfrustrated:

Now I don't want my internet down a phone line.... I want fibre optic internet.

I went onto the virginmedia postcode checker, typed in my postcode then clicked my address.

It sais im not in a fibre optic area? 

now when I go back, type in the same postcode but this time I clicked my next door's neighbour's address it's working perfectly fine saying that he's in a fibre optic area? In fact I clicked all of the addresses that showed up on my postcode which are all houses like next door and in front of my house and they all are in a fibre optic 'area'

Do you think that this is an error or is it just randomly not having a single house not have fibre optic internet?

I got my refrence number when i typed in more details, it said they will get in contact with us soon but yeah I just want to know now really :smileyfrustrated:

also in front of my house I got 2 lines, one's comming from a post which is the phone line from talk talk i'm currently using and there's another comming out of a brown box thing out of the ground, its sais telewest, im thinking that used to be virgin media...but hey that could show that I can have fibre optic?

- kambiz

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Re: Fibre Optic Available in my area?

Hi Kambiz

If you email CableMyStreet@virginmedia.co.uk with your details they will be able to look into this for you.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.