Ask a question
Bright Spark
BarrieB

Downgrade Online?

Why can't you downgrade your package online?

You can upgrade OK so why cant you go down, it would make thinks much simpler as if things don't improve I will be downgrading my broadband to the 10MB as the 30MB is a disgrace.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

Re: Downgrade Online?

becuase downgrading would be against the contract.

You ave a contract for the services you signed up for. in that contract it says you maybe upgrade at any time in the contract but downgrading would be breaking out of your agreement
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
BarrieB

So you are saying you can't downgrade?

Why then was it suggested by your selves that I downgrade then?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

hi

it is possible to downgrade but only though the phone and not online

so you would need to call 150 (free from a vm landline) option 5,2 and enquire with them what your options are

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

you can sometimes downgrade but its not something you can jsut do. its would need vm to accept it. otherwise you would get people upgrading for offers for 3 months then downgrading after the offer. If there is a valid reason vm will often downgrade people but they dont have to.
Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

All that VM would have to do is send out the downgrade letter when you click “I want to downgrade” online for you to sign and send off and one to keep.

Or is that to easy?
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

why would vm want you to downgrade. you have agreed to a package at that cost for a contract term.
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

The obvious answer is that virgin make less money on lower packages so there is no incentive for them to make it easy to downgrade
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

[ Edited ]

apcyberax wrote:
why would vm want you to downgrade. you have agreed to a package at that cost for a contract term.

Thats like me saying why upgrade when their is no point at the time but VM still give the option to upgrade but not for downgrade. I'm not saying VM wants anyone to downgrade just that their isn’t a option and shouldn’t be a option if your contract is not up but then if your contract is up you can cancel your service and sign up again on a new package anyway but why do all that?

People on 50Mb who are being upgrade to 100Mb might never at the time want that much so 30Mb being upgraded to 60Mb is more then enough. In fact if some people think like that then they might not be happen about this speed doubling because they don't need that much bandwidth and could of gone on a lower package and got their speed doubled for less then what there paying now.

This is why I posted about removing the traffic management might have been a better idea then Speed Doubling in the “Speed Doubling discussion and feedback thread”.

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
SouthWaleschris

apcyberax wrote:
becuase downgrading would be against the contract.

You ave a contract for the services you signed up for. in that contract it says you maybe upgrade at any time in the contract but downgrading would be breaking out of your agreement

Thats rubbish.  People including myself who are not in a 12 month contract are unable to downgrade online.  Virgin have done this just to be difficult and deter people from downgrading.

Where ever you maybe.... Let your wind go free!

"So in retrospect the best cable to get is cat5e"
Please use plain text.