Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
hursg

TV picture goes blank for a second and returns showing resolution banner at top of screen.

Hello all

have had tivo for a month after switching from sky, since then my sanyo tv  has intermittently got a blank screen for about a second and then comes back on with the resolution banner at the top of the screen.

had two sets of engineers out, the first one changed the tivo box and also fit a signal booster to the cables.

still had the same problem so called them out again, waste of time, them just played with the tivo remote for ten minutes and said they dont know whats wrong. it also does it if i bring the v HD box down from upstairs.

never did it with sky

if it is my tv then which model do i buy, what if i shell out for a new tv and it does the same thing?

the v HD box and tivo box have no problems on the cheapo tv in my bedroom.

the first engineer said it was something to do with the frequency virgins signal runs at???

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Re: TV picture goes blank for a second and returns showing resolution banner at top of screen.

Hi hursg,

Sorry for the issue, something you could try.

If your TV has options for HDMI, try switching them all off, then back on if it stops, one at a time to see if any particular one is the cause.

HDMI stability is something that has been addressed in the new code release and will hopefully resolve it so you can switch everything back on.

Cheers

Robert Ward
Help & Support Forum Team

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
hursg

Re: TV picture goes blank for a second and returns showing resolution banner at top of screen.

hi

TV has no HDMI options, spoke to a girl in the tech team and wasn told that it is my tv that is faulty, this seems to be a common excuse "your tv is at fault", engineer said that it is the frequency virgin runs on, what if i want to buy a new tv and that does the same, do virgin have a list of tv's that are compatible with virgin.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Mick_R

Hi Hursg,

As new TV's come out all the time with different settings we don't have a list, but as our network generally stays the same rather than making sure we are compatible with the TV, you should be able to make sure the TV is compatible with ourselves.

Cheers

Mick

Mick R

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
hursg

How?

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Mick_R

Generally you wont see compatibility issues as most TV's will work with our TiVo box.

How long have you had the TV set?

Mick R

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Well "most" does not mean all Mick. So how can we tell? What if we do buy the wrong television?
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

[ Edited ]
Your tv has an hdcp handshake issue, it's an encryption virgin send down the hdmi cable to stop folk splitting hd signals. Most tvs are fine, your just unlucky either yours failed or hasn't got an hdcp chip. Older tvs with o ly 1 hdmi socket seem to be the worst for this issue
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

[ Edited ]
Stephen any tv that's hdcp compatible should be fine, but I haven't tested every tv there is
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
hursg

Hi

Thanks for the replies, actually more help than the two sets of engineers that came to the house,

had the TV 4 1/2 years, but it does have two hdmi ports, but have same issue with both.

Please use plain text.