Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
DanSJ

TV Guide 'to be announced'

Hi,

On my TiVo box, the TV guide just has 'to be announced' on each of my TV channels so I can't actually see what's on (though this isn't preventing me actually watching the channel) This makes setting programmes to record near on impossible!

I've tried connecting to the Virgin Media service - but when I do it just says "Network Cable Unplugged" I've tried unscrewing the cables and screwing back in again, switching off the box and back on again etc to no avail.

I called the CS yesterday and he said it was going to be fixed for me within 24 hours (and that I should not need to call them back - "It will be fixed" apparently)

Well, it's been about 36 hours now and still nothing!

Thanks,

Dan

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
KeyserSoze

Re: TV Guide 'to be announced'

Sounds like you have no return path - whats the little heart on the front of the box doing, is it solid green?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ “I work for Virgin but any posts that I make here are solely my personal views and do not necessarily represent the views, strategies or opinions of Virgin Media.”
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
DanSJ

Nope, it's blinking

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
KeyserSoze

Ring them back up, you need a tech visit.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ “I work for Virgin but any posts that I make here are solely my personal views and do not necessarily represent the views, strategies or opinions of Virgin Media.”
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
DanSJ

Well I've just had an interesting conversation with Tech Support...

They basically said exactly the same thing. Told me to try and force a connection - I told them it wouldn't work but they didn't listen to me. When I told them that it didn't work again they told me to just "wait until Monday"

Seriously, what kind of a shambles is this?

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
KeyserSoze

Because you have no return path, your on demand wont work, I'd try calling back and saying you have no tv on demand, no epg data & that you have a flashing heartbeat on the box.
Please use plain text.
Virgin Media Staff
Adrian_H

Hi DanSJ,

I can confirm that your box is offline & does require a tech visit.  If you would like me to arrange this for you, please send me a PM with confirmation of your address details.

If you would prefer to call in to us, I have added notes to your account advising that this needs to be resolved by a tech visit.

To send a private message (PM) click on my user name, the on the right hand side click on 'send this user a private message'

Thanks

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Walthall32

[ Edited ]

I have had the exact problem for the past 3 weeks, ever since the software update. No programme info and for every channel it just says 'To be Announced'. So unable to use timer record and all series linked recordings just fail. So we have reverted to Freeview in the main room, so we know whats on.

I've phoned Virgin on 2 occasions now to be told it is a known problem but they have no idea when it will be fixed! They are talking to Tivo in USA to try and reslove.I have gone through the process of connecting to the Virgin Media Service twice, which according to the messages has been succesfull but it has not resolved the problem. I havent reset the box as the adviser said they they couldnt gurantee this would work but I would lose all the recordings I had, so I am very reluctant to try this.

So far I have been given a £5 refund and advised to complain to Virgin Head Office, but no offer of anybody coming out to have a look at it, in fact they seem cluless as to what the problem is!

Please use plain text.
Virgin Media Staff
Adrian_H

Hi Walthall32,

You have been advised correctly - Although call-backs to the TiVo service centre are completing, the guide data is failing to populate for a number of boxes.  This is currently being investigated by TiVo and the reference number is NKE2143.

DanSJ has a different problem, his call-backs to the TiVo service centre are failing due to his box having no return path.

Thanks

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
Please use plain text.