Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Brainbox
charter

Recording from Tivo to DVD Recorder

Anyone tell me if you can record programs recorded on the Tivo box to a DVD recorder so I can save the for posterity?

If so how?

Otherwise the Tivo could end up deleting things I wish to keep when it fills up.

My DVD recorder is connected to my TV via an Scart plug.

All help much appreciated

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Re: Recording from Tivo to DVD Recorder

Yes you can. You need to link the TiVo box to your DVDR via the scart lead (I know you said this, but saying it for others who may read it). To record you need to start playing the programme you wish you copy, this is the only way.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
dmh649

Dont know if this helps anyone but I have a thin cable (sorry, dont know techy name for it) that goes from my tv to Tivo, and a scart cable that goes from the Tivo to the dvd recorder.  

On my set up I have to choose EXT on the tv to watch the telly, and AV2 on the dvd to record.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
charter

[ Edited ]

You mean in much the way you connect a Sky box to a DVDR

I have my Sky Box connected via a SCART to DVDR and then a SCART connection from the DVDR to the TV.
I also a SCART connection direct to the TV

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Sarge

Why not just change your recordings to "keep until I delete" then tivo will never delete them......you will & so you can keep anything you want to!

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
charter

Even a 1TB box would soon fill up (especially with HD recordings) and what happens if you get a fault with the Tivo box and it cannot be repaired.

Also I keep some recordings for more than 10 years.

On DVD I have recordings of old Top Of The Pops from Germany recorded when I used to have an analogue satelite box. Also Formula 1 races from over 15 years ago which were recorded on VCR and copied over onto DVD.

Also a Tivo box is not portable like DVDs are. What it needs is Tivo boxes to have an extra scart socket to connect to a DVDR

Please use plain text.