Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
turok

HDMI No sound when changing channels

Since the new software update I am experiencing occasional no sound after changing channels. It happens more frequently on HD channels. I'm also getting this on the programme guide.

Putting the Tivo box into and out of standby cures it. As does removing and replacing the HDMI connection.

We've had the Tivo box changed to no affect.

Is anyone else getting this?

I'm sure the Tivo HDMI driver software has been updated.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

Re: HDMI No sound when changing channels

Try changing the sound output on the tivo to PCM

Please use plain text.
Wizard
phi11ip

turok wrote:

Since the new software update I am experiencing occasional no sound after changing channels. It happens more frequently on HD channels. I'm also getting this on the programme guide.

Putting the Tivo box into and out of standby cures it. As does removing and replacing the HDMI connection.

We've had the Tivo box changed to no affect.

Is anyone else getting this?

I'm sure the Tivo HDMI driver software has been updated.

This is happening to me as well. Problem started immediately after the upgrade. It also happens when I exit a recording using the "arrow left" key. Usually I can get the audio to return by hitting the "slow" key twice, but sometimes that doesn't work so I have to put the box into standby and turn back on again.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
daveoc

I'm getting the same problem.

As my sound is via an AV amp I just click back and forward on an input and that gets the sound back.

Only started following the update.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
priya686

I too am having the same problem. I have loss of sound when changing channels, mainly on HD channels but also some standard channels. I've had an engineer out who has gave me a new TiVo box but still the same problem so I've lost all my recorded programmes for nothing. The engineer could find nothing wrong with the box or my TV as everything else I have has sound . the TiVo box worked with the TV he brought with him but not on mine or through my amp. It keeps loosing sound when channel is changed. He said he has never heard of the problem before. Maybe the update doesn't agree with certain makes of TV.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
jka94036

Yep, same thing happening to me, immediately after the 'upgrade'

Bloomin annoying havinn to turn the Tivo on and off again just to get sound after changing a chennel

Any VM Tech persons on here that can investigate ?

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Collette_T

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Thanks to all for posting and bringing this to our attention.  I would like to get this investigated as we seem to be experiencing the same or similar symptoms.

Can those affected please reply with the following information:

1. Can you please power off/on your box and advise if this fault is still persistent?

2. What lead you are using to connect? (HDMI)

3. Is there any surround sound equipment connected?

4. Have you tried changing the Audio settings from Dolby to PCM to PCM only? (Home->Help&Settings->Settings->Audio)

In the meantime I will be bring this to the attention of our TiVo® teams to try and figure out what's happening.

Thank you for your help  :smileyhappy:

Collette
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Wizard
phi11ip

Collette_T wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks to all for posting and bringing this to our attention.  I would like to get this investigated as we seem to be experiencing the same or similar symptoms.

Can those affected please reply with the following information:

1. Can you please power off/on your box and advise if this fault is still persistent?

2. What lead you are using to connect? (HDMI)

3. Is there any surround sound equipment connected?

4. Have you tried changing the Audio settings from Dolby to PCM to PCM only? (Home->Help&Settings->Settings->Audio)

1. Have done that previously and still fault persists.
2. HDMI
3. Yes. Tivo-->AV-->TV (Onkyo AV amp and Samsung TV)
4. The problem seems to have disappeared at the moment. I can't get it to fail on any setting, though it happened last night :-(

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
daveoc

2. HDMI
3. Yes. Tivo-->AV-->TV (Onkyo AV amp and Samsung TV)-----coincidence, same av amp and tv?
4. Never gone away for me.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
phi11ip

daveoc wrote:
2. HDMI
3. Yes. Tivo-->AV-->TV (Onkyo AV amp and Samsung TV)-----coincidence, same av amp and tv?
4. Never gone away for me.

3. That would be a strange coincidence indeed! For what it's worth I have an HD22DDX Onkyo amp with a D6100 (2011 model) Samsung TV.

4. Mine is intermittent. Seems to be associated with HD channels.

Please use plain text.