Menu
Benjani815
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How can i get a new super hub for gaming?

So I've had the same super hub since i joined virgin media 2 years ago and it turns itself off regularly its very frustrating and i am a gamer and im having lots of connectivity issues and I'd like to get a new super hub how do i go about that? I called up to complain about the hub i have now and all he did on the phone was to alert the engineers of when my router goes down. I just want a new one, i pay well over £100 a month for my services so surely im able to get what i want from them? Sorry for the long post just wanted to get my point over lol
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i get a new super hub for gaming?

A new super hub is not going to make you a better gamer.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

please note a new hub will not make a diff it can be your power levels Benjani815

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Benjani815
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lol i dont want it to make me a better gamer, the point is that i want a new hub, the wifi drops out sometimes 5 times a week which requires a reboot everytime its just frustrating that i pay the amount i pay and my equipment doesn't work.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

go wires then wifi it lags and sometimes have to reboot and not ideal for gaming

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Benjani815 wrote:
Lol i dont want it to make me a better gamer, the point is that i want a new hub, the wifi drops out sometimes 5 times a week which requires a reboot everytime its just frustrating that i pay the amount i pay and my equipment doesn't work.

Hi,

Why use WiFi, it is the worse for gaming consoles! You would be better off with the Hub3 and using Powerline Adaptors in your premises.

The Hub3 and using the Gamer Bundle is really all you need, any intermittent connectivity is very unlikely, since the upstream is over 20Mbps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

why tell people about this and they do not listen or take note it is very rare vm will send out a hub 3 if there is noning wrong with the superhub you have on power levels just use Powerline Adaptors its mostly wired and you will not have the problems anymore and vm does not send out hub 3 to current customer only new customer Benjani815

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:

why tell people about this and they do not listen or take note it is very rare vm will send out a hub 3 if there is noning wrong with the superhub you have on power levels just use Powerline Adaptors its mostly wired and you will not have the problems anymore and vm does not send out hub 3 to current customer only new customer Benjani815

Hi,

VM will send out the Hub3 self-installation kit if you change your bundle to the Gamer Bundle - The SuperHub 2.x models cannot handle the speeds, or the required 'Channel Binding'!

Hub3 is required on the Broadband XXL which is now 200Mbps/20Mbps on the Gamer Bundle, a 'one-off' Activation Fee of £14.99.

Nothing to do with being a new customer or an old customer.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ah so only way to get hub 3 is gamer bundles and bigger then the nomal 200 mb package so basely they will not just send out a hub 3 if there is no upgrade to 200mb you saying echelom

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
ah so only way to get hub 3 is gamer bundles and bigger then the nomal 200 mb package so basely they will not just send out a hub 3 if there is no upgrade to 200mb you saying echelom

Basically, that is it. You get the Hub3 on just the 200Mbps downstream and 20Mbps, or higher as in the 300Mbps downstream - in both cases the 24 channels use a bind on the downstream, the upstream also increases the number of channels to bind.

New customers maybe given the Hub3 if they opt for a 200Mbps XXL Broadband, since there is talk that this may become the next free upgrade to 300Mb.

300Mb broadband is available in my area but VM want an extra £3.00 on top of the extra £5.00 I had just paid extra for the 20Mb Upstream.

Regards,

0 Kudos