Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

Gamer chat (non VM issue related)

Hello,

I thought I would start a thread for a bit of gamer chat. Please dont post your Virginmedia issues in here.

To start it of my main console is a PS4 PRO and PSVR.

My online gaming has dropped a bit since getting the VR however due to exploring all the offline content. I now have more online VR games now such as mechanised combat league RIGS, Eve Valkyrie and Eagle Flight. I do have more online VR games but not had a chance to load them yet.

My favourite offline VR games has to be COD Jackal Assault VR Experience, Battlefront VR mission and gun jack.
The VR worlds is a mix of VR games and experiences this I use for my demo.

The VR lenses are not scratch proof and quite delicate so if you wear glasses there is a guy that makes guards using a 3D printer, here is a link to the delux version but if you look at his other items for sale you will see a cheaper pair: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deluxe-Rubber-PSVR-Lens-Protector-Glasses-Spectacle-Shield-Guard-Scratch-PS-...

My PS4 pro is hard wired using CAT 7 RJ45s and plugged into my gigabit switch and this is plugged into my netgear R7800 router.

Sound wise I have a Panasonic 5.1 home cinema system that is due for a refresh maybe next year since its 5 years old.

Im suprised that when I have been online I have not had to port forward yet and as far as I am aware PS4 is not UPnP which I currently have enabled for my NAS. If I do require it I will probably try port triggering instead as I dont like having ports open when not required.

My favourite non VR game that I play online mostly is battlefront more so in the skys than on the ground.

This is an open thread so feel free to to chat away and tips and tricks for improving online experience is always welcome.

Please keep the chat clean and the main rule is if you dont have anything nice to say to people, best that u dont say at all.

May the force be with you,

MOA.

HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router, a wee switch & NAS.

My Broadband Ping - MOA VM Monitor
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5 (280 Views)

Re: Gamer chat (non VM issue related)

vr sounds ok.would like see this.waiting for the xbox Scorpio.this vr iv read its expensive think its best waiting.can two people be in same game if you had two vr sets connected on the same console or hasn't got that far yet.my set up is.

samsung 55 inch 4k oled

xbox one

onkyo tx nr 3030

4 x focal audio 816 v floorstanders

focal 800 v cc

2 x focal sr 800 v surrounds

onkyo ns 6170

onkyo BDSP 809 blueray

and a SVS PB 2000 WAS GOING TO HAVE THE SVS PB 1000 BUT SENT IT BACK

BATTLEFIELD 1 SOUNDS AMAZING ALSO GHOST RECON WILEDLANDS BETA WAS GOOD SO I THINK I WILL BE PRE ORDERING THAT

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)

I must admit I hope Scorpio version will include a VR headset but I also hear Microsoft are not into VR yet?

MOA.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (260 Views)

I just have a bog standard day one PS4 and PSVR. Not used PSVR much as I was struggling to focus due to being well overdue for an eye test. I now have glasses so was looking forward to getting back into PSVR, but I'm now concerned about scratching the PSVR lenses Smiley Frustrated

My PSVR collection is so far limited to patches or DLC adding PSVR to existing titles or demos.  The Star Wars Battlefront X Wing mission has been my most enjoyable VR experience so far.  Waiting for Battlezone to drop in price.

MasterofArts wrote:
Im suprised that when I have been online I have not had to port forward yet and as far as I am aware PS4 is not UPnP which I currently have enabled for my NAS. If I do require it I will probably try port triggering instead as I dont like having ports open when not required.

AFAIK the PS4 does support UPnP, but it is not something you can enable or disable as you can on other devices like the PS3 or your NAS.  There is an article HERE which talks about a bug in the PS4 firmware with regard to UPnP and a work around.  Unclear if that bug has been fixed or not, with the article being from 2014 I sure hope it has been fixed.

I have the R7800's wee brother which has served me well on PS3 & PS4 without any need for port forwarding either.  As long as the router is implementing the UPnP protocols correctly, or whatever else it uses for routing traffic, then port forwarding for consoles should not be necessary.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)

Alright Scott,

Deffo get the guards for the PSVR I mentioned in the original post. They work better with straight glasses rather than sporty curved ones.

I will have a look at the article you mentioned regarding the upnp, cheers dood.

MOA.

0 Kudos