Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)

When will I get the service

I am soon to be moving to a new build property and the builders tell me Virgin media will be setting up supply as the basic cablework is done. How on earth can I find out when as I don't necessarily want to commit to another service until I've explored all options? I have phoned Virgin but banging my head against a brick wall! Help please?
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)

Re: When will I get the service

nomaly they let orders though the system for the box near you a few mouths after the cabling is done they don't let orders go though there system before that becuse they have to run tests on the box for a few mouths before they open the orders up on a new site they have to update there system but after they ran the tests and vm staff can't say untill the work and tests have been done. one this can take up to 7 mouths this happened on a new build sites. i say just go by a other service untill for frist year or 2 years

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)

Personally I would sign up with another provider for the minimum term (12 months if you can).

VM should (but may not have), began to connect other properties up on your developement and made them "live" by then.

You can then get some feedback from the residents of those "live" properties before you commit yourself to VM

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 4 (94 Views)

if they have bt openreach fibre go by that what use bt lines and wait untill after the contract ends with that provider . the last place we had new house virgin media boxs was on the area but they did not actice them untill after a few mouths every house was sold and everybody moved in them sometimes they do not actice the boxs untill a year after when people moved in them. i would just chack if you can get plusnet or bt fibre by the post code i would go that way untill end of the contract then move to virgin media i know they doing wire on the street but it can be a wait untill they connect them to your house there is a bit of work in the box and connect it to rest of the virgin media network and they run tests that can last up to 7 or 12 mouths it is not simple connect it all togather they have to chack everything in the box and it depends on how big the area is and they have to signal test the stuff inside the box it not that simple what the builders say they mostly don't know the tech side work in the box's do not believe them i would talk to the property seller they mainly know whats happening on the site more then the builders. it can be a year before vm is running up on your site

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos