Menu
ChrisOnfire180
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on Panasonic TV

Hi folks, having real issues getting Netflix to play on my smart tv. Been through all the usual remedies such as rebooting the app and resetting my tv. There aren't any issues with any other devices in the house so does anybody have any idea what can fix it? The tv is a Panasonic TX49CX350B updated to firmware 0.1.34.5

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on Panasonic TV

when netflix does not work it usually gives an error code... which you can then google.

is the app itself up to date? 

do other apps on the TV work OK ?

0 Kudos
ChrisOnfire180
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Netflix screen just has message "We're having trouble playing this content at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title." TV firmware is up to date and no other apps are causing issues. Have spoken at length to Netflix and the cause seems to be with the internet connection settings on my router. Thought I would post here rather than sit on hold for ages to talk to someone who couldn't really help!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

to be fair - netflix will always blame the ISP, just as an ISP will always blame the app or the device.

I find Netflix phone / chat help to be very chirpy but mostly clueless

if other on-line streaming apps on same device are all working then it's not virgin, not router, not wifi settings

another confirmation - if you have Tivo- is does tivo channel 204 netflix work OK

and another is go to fast.com on any pc  or tablet - that's a speed test which uses netflix servers

it is more likely a cache issue in the app for which you can either

sign out, sign back in

or 

uninstall, re-install

if your TV allows you to set DNS, in wifi advanced settings, you can also try using google dns:  8,8,8.8. & 8.8.4.4.  netflix likes those  and the device setting will over-rulse the virgin hub defaults

you can also get that error if you've been messing with DNS to try to fool netflix as to what region you are in, and an outof date version of the app can also cause it,

does help within netflix app get you to a network test option 

0 Kudos
ChrisOnfire180
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I've tried signing in/out and restarting app. Tried DNS too but none of it is working. Maybe a call to Panasonic in order to get it working. In any case I won't be upgrading the Netflix sub until it works

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Before calling Panasonic, 

Can you find a help screen in the netflix app, and then network test, post results if you can.

And confirm that you can use netflix on pc, tivo ok and that you can use other tv apps like bbc I player. If both those things work then it does seem to be that specific app on that specific tv. 

I would also Google "Panasonic tv (model number ) netflix error"

Which version hub do you have, in case that is a factor, and is hub to tv wired or wifi. Can you test both ?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

also this from netflix panasonic help.

if somehow your TV is set to the wrong region.....

Supported Regions
Netflix is available worldwide, and most devices will work wherever Netflix is available, though some older devices will only work in the country where they were purchased. See our Supported Region Map for details. ..

Older devices may ask you to go to netflix.com/activate to set up your device. These devices only support Netflix in the US and Canada.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't find any info on this model on Google, http://manualretriever.com/manual/PANASONIC/

but there is a manual for the PANASONIC TX-48CX350B which looks similar and might be of help

http://manualretriever.com/manual/PANASONIC/TX48CX350B

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

has the TV netflix app ever worked ?

if it used to work but then stopped , that suggests something different to " it never worked from day 1 "

the former could be due to a bad tv firmware update, and if so you may be able to roll that back via a factory rest option. I would talk to P. before any such drastic action though

also this for the model details:

https://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/tvs/whats-in-a-name-cracking-panasonic-tv-codes/

if I am reading that right then ...TX49CX350B indicates a  49 inch LCD 2011 model, which may be too old for the current netflix app to work

0 Kudos
ChrisOnfire180
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yeah sorry it is 48cx350b didn't notice my error.

Netflix has not worked on this tv since the day I got it. It is only Netflix that won't stream, YouTube iPlayer etc work fine.

Also thinking of cutting my losses and getting a Chromecast Ultra instead now.

0 Kudos