Menu
ron101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

10GB/S or 10Gbs

which is greater 10GB/s(10 GIGA Bites)   im offered 10Gbps (10GIGA bytes) but i thought 10GB/s  was bigger than 10Gbps am i wrong???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10GB/S or 10Gbs

You've transposed(in your parenthesis) the conventional representation that denotes: "Lower case" as "bits" and "upper case" as "bytes"! Thus: GBps >> Gbps so your original "thought" was correct.
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

horseman wrote:
You've transposed(in your parenthesis) the conventional representation that denotes: "Lower case" as "bits" and "upper case" as "bytes"! Thus: GBps >> Gbps so your original "thought" was correct.

I see that Horsey is in typical excellent form. I'll translate that for you. G is Giga and you know that.

B is Byte of which there are 8 bits.

b is bit, 8 of which constitute 1 Byte.

GB is always 8x greater than Gb.

Gattox et Bollo

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bits are bits Bytes are when you eat a lot of bits for a Byte.Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
ron101
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

which is greater 10GB/s (virgin) or 10Gbps (linkifier) for a download speed.:- QUOTE
Thank you for your email. Our serves are on 10Gbps lines and all are dedicated servers and not shared. You will get the maximum a filehoster can give. Endquote. So what does that mean?
Im sorry but im 65 had a stroke, don't all ways say what i mean.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

in theory b = bits, B = Bytes,  but marketing depts often capitalise somewhat randomly !

and this "Our serves are on 10Gbps lines and all are dedicated servers and not shared. You will get the maximum a filehoster can give." is saying that their servers can go way faster than your broadband connection so not to worry.

your broadband package is measured in Mb or MB not Gb or GB. There are 1000 M in a G

0 Kudos
ron101
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah, at last thank you very much just what i wanted, thank you.

0 Kudos