TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
trapster

how to get samsung v+ remote to control tv volume

guys

i am trying to get the samsung v+ remote to control the tv volume which seems straight forward.

but in the instructions under help/info i think it was it says press and hold the tv button and the * (star) button on the remote ?

well i cant see a star on the remote

the only thing i can think of is its the same remote as the SA v+ hd box as when they took theat box and replaced it with the new samsung box the left me the same remote ?

could that be the problem ? should i have a different remote for the samsung box ?

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: how to get samsung v+ remote to control tv volume

No you only get a new remote if your old one is faulty/not compatible.

Your reading the instructions for the wrong remote, go to help then help with remote on the box and select the remote that looks like yours

Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

[ Edited ]

i think this guide somewhere with pictures of each remote revision has they have slightly different codes I think.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

digiflip wrote:

i think this guide somewhere with pictures of each remote revision has they have slightly different codes I think.

It's here

Virgin Media Remote Control Codes

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
philgoward

HI

My parents here in the UK have changed from sky to Virgin, the Virgin media box is the Samsung box with the black Virgin remote with the black Virgin logo.

The Virgin engineer did not set the virgin remote to work with the Samsung LE32R41BD LCT TV.

I have tried the Samsung code 4080 (also tried 0010, 0079, etc) as per Virgin instructions and from looking on line with no joy so still not able to adjust the volume on TV from Virgin remote as we could on the Sky remote.

adjust Toshiba TV part of the multi room set up works fine with the Virgin remote.

This seems to be a common issue with Samsung (strange as the Virgin box is made by Samsung), is there a fix now or in the near future please?

Cheers

Phil

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi Phil,

If non of the codes have worked on the instruction link you would have to use the TV remote to control the volume. I have this problem with one of my TV sets at home.

More codes may be released to us in the future so it's always useful to keep checking for any new codes that are added.

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
adchesney

V+ remote code for Samsung D7000 series TV

I have just had a new V+ box and remote installed today - I am trying to find the code for the remote so as to operate the TV (Samsung UE40D7000).

I have used a "universal code" but this only controls the volume but not the on/off.

Can anyone provide the code for the Samsung 7000 series?

Regards

ANDREW

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
amoten84

How do I set my Virgin Media
remote control to control my
TV volume?
1. Press
2. Select Help & Info.
3. Select Virgin TV.
4. Select Help with your
Remote Control.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
scottmckinnon

Hi Ben, i have programmed tv remotes before and understand what to do but when i try to access the the link on the virgin site it kicks me out as soon as i redirect(probably my pc casuing this) but it means i can't get the codes for my new samsung tv's, any chance of copying and pasting or is there another website i can see themon directly mate? Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

0030 0060

Please use plain text.