TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
One to Watch
doublet33

TV Screen keeps on flickering to black screen

Hi,

I have recently had virgin media installed, it has been fine up until the past few days where the picture keeps going black for a few seconds, and this happens around 20 times an hour. It is especially bad when watching on demand.

I have checked that all cables are connected properly and they are.

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Scott_C

Re: TV Screen keeps on flickering to black screen

Hi doublet33,

I have replied to your original post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/TV-Picture-keeps-flicking-to-a-black-screen/td-p/444881/page/...

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
RUSNAFU

I have the same problem with the black screen, its as if the TV input has changed or been lost for a split second.

This has been happening for around 2 years (on and off).

We have one of the tratec powered boosters as we have poor signal quality for the amount of services we receive and replacing this seemed to resolve the issue around 3 - 4 months ago. Unfortunately the problem is back AGAIN!

All our white cables are connected properly and there are no connection problems at the back of the TV.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Gareth_R3

Hello RUSNAFU

I have run some checks on the V+ box and found that the signal levels are not too good.  This can cause a freezing or blanking of the picture.  Therefore I have booked a technician to call out to help resolve this for you.  I have sent you a private message with the appointment time.

Gareth R
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.