TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
mattdyson7981

Mates Rates

Hi Guys Does anyone know if the terms and conditions have recently changed for 'mates rates'? One of my mates offered to put me on it but we were told that since i already had all three services i wasn't eligible for the offer. Previous to that one of my other mates got 'mates rates' through him but he already had all three services at the time. I presume that maybe the T&Cs had changed, can anyone confirm?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

Re: Mates Rates

This all sounds like hearsay.

Ask your mate, who you suggest has been able to get Mates Rates for another mate who like you had all three services, if the rules have changed.

I doubt the rules have changed. Your mate should know.

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

I tried to get my sister in law on My Rates and was told because they already had the top package they could not get the offer.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
mattdyson7981

Hi Ernie_C My mate who works for VM told me that you don't really get anything back from the mates rates team. you just get a yes or no and they don't respond to queries.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
mattdyson7981

Hi Peter_ The T&Cs must of changed recently then. I am not on the top package, but i take all the three main services (telephone, broadband and TV) Thanks for your reply.
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

mattdyson7981 wrote:
Hi Peter_ The T&Cs must of changed recently then. I am not on the top package, but i take all the three main services (telephone, broadband and TV) Thanks for your reply.

I tried last year and that is the response I received.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

mattdyson7981 wrote:
Hi Ernie_C My mate who works for VM told me that you don't really get anything back from the mates rates team. you just get a yes or no and they don't respond to queries.

Mates Rates is an employee benefit. I simply can't believe that it is not fully documented somewhere within Virgin Media.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Ray_P

To qualify for Mates Rates a customer must: 

• ·         Be a new Virgin Media Cable or National customer
  • ·         Be an existing Virgin Media Cable or National customer adding at least one of our core services (TV, broadband or home telephone)
  • ·         Sign up to a broadband and telephone bundle with at least broadband L, Talk Unlimited, Talk Mobile and Talk International (National) 

The Mates Rates T&Cs

The terms and conditions of Mates Rates specify that, to be eligible for the scheme, a customer cannot have disconnected one or more of their services within the last 60 days. This rule was put in place to deter existing customers with all three services (or both services for National) from disconnecting in order to become eligible for the Mates Rates scheme. 

Under no circumstances should customers be advised to disconnect any of their services in order to become eligible for Mates Rates. 

Kind Regards

Ray_P
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Ernie_C wrote:

mattdyson7981 wrote:

Mates Rates is an employee benefit. I simply can't believe that it is not fully documented somewhere within Virgin Media.

It will only be listed on the Intranet and nowhere else.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

Peter_ wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

mattdyson7981 wrote:

It will only be listed on the Intranet and nowhere else.

...so it will be available to the employee whose benefit it is to give this cheap rate to a friend or family.

Please use plain text.