Menu
malc18
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere

I cannot get my nexus 7 to show anything. Have had error codes V:500, D:1, and D:14 showing. Removed my device from the list and reinstalled it, but no luck. Have seen that you sometimes try sincing devices. will this work? please help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere

Hi malc18,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. Oddly enough the D1 error can indicate different problems such as trying to cast TV Anywhere (on a Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or HDMI connection), incorrect login details or trying to view TV Anywhere whilst outside of the UK. 

What Operating System is on your Nexus 7 tablet? Are there updates available for your OS that may not have been applied yet?

Please double check the following:

• Connecting to the internet via WiFi.
  • Using your primary My Virgin Media login email address and password-this needs to be double checked on the tablet. Please make sure to type your primary account details in instead of using saved data.
  • Your device is not connected via HDMI or using a device such as Chromecast or Amazon Firestick.
  • Your tablet has all current updates.

Please check these things and see if there is anything here that is not compliant with the TV Anywhere technical requirements. 

Let me know how you get on with this,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi malc18,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting the TV Anywhere app working on your new Nexus 7 tablet.

The good news is that we do support your tablet, so I'll have a look at this to see what's causing the problem. 

I can see that there is a tablet registered. Is this the only tablet that you use? 

I have re-synchronized TV Anywhere for your devices.

Please try this again and let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
malc18
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. After a fiddle Sky sports seems to work, but every other channel which I try gives an error code D1 and sometimes V500.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi malc18,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. Good to hear that Sky Sports is working for you now, but I'm sorry to hear that you are still having a problem accessing the live streaming channels.

Are the channels that you are trying to view on the TV Anywhere app showing the WiFi symbol next to the listing? For instance, you won't be able to view BBC One (no WiFi symbol), but you should be able to view ITV or Channel 4 (will have the WiFi symbol).

Does the TV Anywhere app allow you to sign in at all? At what point do you get the error message? 

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
malc18
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Virgin TV anywhere app several times to try to clear things , to no avail. On installation of the the app, the screen asks for my Virgin sign-in and password, which the device then seems to remember, because it does not ask again if I have switched off and on.

After sign -in it asks which TiVo box is being used. I only have one. At this point the screen goes to the full channel guide, which requires a scroll down the screen to see everything.

When I select a WiFi channel, this is when it says "There was a problem streaming from this channel, please try again" followed by Error code D:1.

This happens for every WiFi channel which I have tried.

Strangely, having also uninstalled the Sky Sports app, I tried to get there via the Virgin channel guide, which said, on selecting say Sky Sports 1, "channel only available through the sky sports app"  I was then redirected, within the channel guide, and my tablet tried to download the Sky Sports app, but failed part way through. Approaching matters from this direction via the Virgin app, will not allow me to see Sky Sports either.

However, when I downloaded the Sky Sports app, from Playstore, I could sign in on the opening screen via the Virgin logo, and hey presto, Sky sports!

Something is obviously wrong with the Virgin app, or it's settings within my machine. What does Error D:1 mean?

Hope you can follow all this

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi malc18,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. Oddly enough the D1 error can indicate different problems such as trying to cast TV Anywhere (on a Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or HDMI connection), incorrect login details or trying to view TV Anywhere whilst outside of the UK. 

What Operating System is on your Nexus 7 tablet? Are there updates available for your OS that may not have been applied yet?

Please double check the following:

• Connecting to the internet via WiFi.
  • Using your primary My Virgin Media login email address and password-this needs to be double checked on the tablet. Please make sure to type your primary account details in instead of using saved data.
  • Your device is not connected via HDMI or using a device such as Chromecast or Amazon Firestick.
  • Your tablet has all current updates.

Please check these things and see if there is anything here that is not compliant with the TV Anywhere technical requirements. 

Let me know how you get on with this,

Terri

0 Kudos
malc18
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri

Thanks for your reply. Whilst I have experimented with an HDMI connection to the tv for various outputs as well as Virgin, the HDMI cable has not been used for some time now. I did not realise that such a use would put a permanent blocker on the Virgin App, as it has in my case. It also does not explain why Sky Sports worked via the Virgin App. If this is what happens on every tablet, there should be clear warnings on the App download screen not to connect via an HDMI cable. I cannot understand why uninstalling the Virgin App did not cure the problem anyway.

I read in one of your other forums that the only way out is to reset to factory status. I have done this, and everything now works as it should.

Thanks anyway,

Malc18

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi malc18,

It's good to hear that you were able to find a solution suggestion from a previous post and I'm especially glad that you have been able to get this problem resolved.

Thank you for letting me know it's working for you now. 

Please don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care,

Terri

0 Kudos