Menu
fknuckles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

invalid referring host

I'm trying to watch Sky sports 1 through my virgin media subscription, and I get an error telling me: "invalid referring host: the site you came from is not allowed to show sky go content". This happens after i login with my virgin media credentials. any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: invalid referring host

Hi fknuckles

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you're unable to watch Sky Sports 1.

Is this on a mobile/tablet or your PC that you get this error message? If this is through a mobile or tablet have you downloaded the Sky Sports app, signed in with your Virgin Media credentials and then start streaming a channel? 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fknuckles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a windows 10 desktop PC, using Google Chrome. I've never really used the app or streamed any program from virgin media before.

0 Kudos
fknuckles
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I see now that Chrome appears to be unsupported. 

I just tested firefox on a mac now and it works. Will try firefox on the windows 10 desktop later today as well. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi fknuckles

Thanks for the quick reply.

When using TV Anywhere or Sky Sports through windows 10, the browser you will need to use is Microsoft Edge. Google Chrome is not supported. You can look at this link for more specifications.

If you go to Sky Sports, when you click on sign in, you will see an option for Virgin Media customers. Enter your details, then go to Watch Sky Sports, select a channel and this will prompt for registration.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos