Menu
adrianob
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i have a huawei mobile phone but cannot stream tv using tv anywhere

I am able to use the remote control and access the channels and set recordings but i cannot stream a channel to my phone. the only option is to "watch on tv"

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i have a huawei mobile phone but cannot stream tv using tv anywhere

Two potential reasons:

1. You are trying to watch a channel which cannot be streamed. Only those channels with the wifi symbol can be streamed. Which channel were you trying to watch? Try channel 104.

2. You are trying to watch via a mobile data connection which is not enabled. Wifi only.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi adrianob

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to stream channels through TV Anywhere.

I can see that you've had advise from Ernie_C which is great. The channels that are available through TV Anywhere are the ones that have the wireless symbol at the side of the channel as Ernie_C mentioned. Are these channels working for you? 

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Two potential reasons:

1. You are trying to watch a channel which cannot be streamed. Only those channels with the wifi symbol can be streamed. Which channel were you trying to watch? Try channel 104.

2. You are trying to watch via a mobile data connection which is not enabled. Wifi only.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi adrianob

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to stream channels through TV Anywhere.

I can see that you've had advise from Ernie_C which is great. The channels that are available through TV Anywhere are the ones that have the wireless symbol at the side of the channel as Ernie_C mentioned. Are these channels working for you? 

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

adrianob
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks Ernie.

why doesnt Virgin include this on the instructions on the app instead of leaving it to the users on the forum to answer questions for them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrianob,

Thank you for getting back to us about the issue with TV Anywhere and being unable to stream certain channels. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused you. I'm glad to see that our Forum, specifically Ernie_C, has been able to answer your query.

Any time you would like more information about your Virgin Media services, please feel free to have a look at the Virgin Media Help pages.

Just go to www.virginmedia.com > click on Help. From here you will see different options, depending on your query. Here you should see TV On The Go, which will open up different troubleshooting help articles.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos