Menu
MsVixxxen
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised modification detected

I used to be able to watch TV on my Samsung galaxy tab 4.... now I get an unauthorised modification message.... I haven't done anything to my tablet! !! Works fine on my phone.... what can I do? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised modification detected

Hi MsVixxxen,

Thanks for your post and apologies to here you are having an issue with your Tab 4 receiving the 'Unauthorised Modifications' error message. 

This error will only show up if one of the following is true:

a) The device is rooted, or has been rooted previously. If this is the case, try a full reset of the device to factory settings to see if this resolves things. 

b) You have an OS running that has been modified (either by you or the manufacturer) If this is the case, nothing can be done and you'll need to use TV Anywhere or another device.

c) You have an app on the device that is confusing TV Anywhere into thinking you are running a rooted device. This is usually SuperSU or Superuser. If this is the case, delete the app and restart the phone. This should resolve the issue. 

Whilst you are receiving this error message, TV Anywhere won't work and we're not able to support you with it either. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MsVixxxen
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised modification detected

Hi, from all the help I've had it seems ok have somehow customised my software... How I have no idea!! I can only assume I downloaded a dodgy app at some point. I have tried a factory reset but it just won't work. Any ideas how I get it back to how it was?
0 Kudos