Menu
joetheghost78
Joining in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised Modifications Detected when trying to view on tablet

Unauthorised Modifications Detected when trying to view on tablet,this comes up when trying to access ,no idea why.Going to my pc I try to view there and get the mesage,to delete this device (my pc ) from the list of detected devices,and wonder if this will affect my browsing in general if I did this.My previous post shows the entire message  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 44
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unauthorised Modifications Detected when trying to view on tablet

Hi Arkanoid,

I'm afraid that making the app compatible with rooted or jail broken devices isn't something we will be doing. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

joetheghost78 wrote:

Unauthorised Modifications Detected when trying to view on tablet,this comes up when trying to access ,no idea why.

This solution: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/unauthorised-modifications-detected-on-Samsung-galax... may shed some light on it.

I'm sure that someone will pick up the tab on your other thread.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi joetheghost,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Can I ask, do you have an app called Superuser or SuperSU on your device? This app has been made to make your device look like it's been rooted when in fact it hasn't. If this is the case you will need to uninstall this in order for your phone to work with TV Anywhere.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
joetheghost78
Joining in
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to uninstall it but it seems to be a system requirement  ,so I have read.I have a Google nexus 10 tablet all efforts   to remove it fail.The re is a disable button  which is not the same as uninstal,it would still leave it there.I am still trying to flnd where to register this device as the page should pop up when signing in but doesn't.Do you have any sugestions as you seem knowledgeable

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Run the SuperSU app, go
to Settings, and choose “Full
unroot”. That’s it!
You can reboot your phone and
should find your Android device
completely unrooted. If you still
see SuperSU or Superuser app in
your drawer, simply uninstall
using Play Store
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
joetheghost78
Joining in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for your reply,I tried to run Super Su and got this "There is no binary installed and Super Su can't instal it,This is a problem"Does this mean it is only partly installed or not installed at all?The only option I have in Settings is  Disable,would that be sufficient?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yes try that
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

SuperSU doesnt give you root access.  You have to root the phone first and then use SU to do what you want.  But as an expert you would know that wouldn't you Gary Dexter (fanboi)

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sland wrote:

SuperSU doesnt give you root access.  You have to root the phone first and then use SU to do what you want.  But as an expert you would know that wouldn't you Gary Dexter (fanboi)

Sorry don't understand what you mean?

as for "fanboi" - I despise Android and all things Google related

0 Kudos
joetheghost78
Joining in
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

It seems my thread has been hijackd,I don,t know what Super Su  does and am quite happy to do without it,it seems the existence of it, on my Nexus 10 is that it is the reason I get the "Unauthorised  Method Detected " display preventing me from connecting to the Tv Anywhere,is there anyone out there who can help me?.

0 Kudos