Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream live TV to tablet

I can see the internet.

I can see my local network

I can my TiVo on the network

I can control the TiVol over the network

I can see My Shows on the tablet and current recording status.

I can control recordings, series link and so on on the TiVo using the tablet

I can't watch live TV.  I've set guide to Streaming Channels but try to watch any program on tablet is greeted with

Problem Streaming

There was a problem steaming this show.  Please check your network and try again.

Error Code: E=39 V=-1

Other streaming apps are OK (Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC).  Tried to reregister/reregister tablet, logout/in.  Tablet is Samsung Tab S2 (9.7") Wifi Only SM-T810, Android 6.0.1

Thanks

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream live TV to tablet

Hi tweetiepooh, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming TV Anywhere. 

OK, I think we need to start all the way at the beginning as if TV Anywhere has never been used before. 

Can you delete the app from your device. Once you've done this, restart the device by turning the power off and back on. We're also going to restart the TiVo® by turning the power off and leaving off for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and allow to full set back up.

On a PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

Go back to the device you are wanting to use TV Anywhere with and download the app. 

Once this has downloaded, sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but still get the same error. Ensured tablet was deregistered then registered. 

TiVo turned off for over 5 mins. 

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI tweetiepooh

I'm sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing, do you have a secondary device registered? If so, are you able to watch live TV on that device?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos