Menu
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream Sky Sports on Android

A really frustrating problem. 

My phone was successfully set to watch Sky Sports and Movies, and worked well,  A couple of months ago, EE updated Android to 6.01, and as I always do after a major software upgrade, I reset my phone to factory defaults, then reinstalled all software (keeps things nice and tidy)

However, I need to re-register my device on the website, but ... Andriod does not come with Java, so when I get to the registration device page, it tells me I cannot proceed until I install Java, which I cannot do, since Java is no longer available for Andriod.

Any Suggestions ? - apart from that, my phone meets all criteria, and I have a device change allowed this month - further, there are no current devices registered.

If I simply go to the Sky app, it tells me I have no changes left this month which is contradictory to what Virgin are saying ......

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to scream Sky Sports on Android

Groan ... ignore me.
Forgot that TV Anywhere device registration and Sky Sports & Movies registration are two different things !
Virgin says one delice change allowed, Sky says none, so I'll have to wait for a while for this to become available
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyju

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you're having issues with streaming on Sky Sports.

From your account I can see there is a device change available for you to use.

When you get chance log into Sky Sports on your device, select a channel to stream and this will prompt you for registration.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Really frustrating ! - I checked this morning and it still would not let me stream.

Just checked now, and its up and running - I guess there is a delay from things updating.

0 Kudos
tomgraybooks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar issue.  I used to watch Sky Sports on my Android phone, but recently it is refusing to let me watch.  I checked my available devices and it had PC and Laptop listed.  I don't recall ever using Sky Sports on a PC in my house, so I deleted it.  I then tried to watch Sky Sports on the laptop but it said "You have reached the limit for registered devices".  I get the same thing on my phone.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sky Sports on the phone, but it hasn't helped.  Now I can't watch Sky Sports on either device.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomgraybooks,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a problem viewing your Sky Sports channels via the Sky Sports app.

I've checked the server details and can see that there are devices registered for you and also device changes available. Has this been sorted out for you now?

Please let me know if you are still having a problem with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tomgraybooks
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can now watch on my phone, but my laptop still says I've used too many devices

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomgraybooks,

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can fix this for you. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tomgraybooks
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me again.  I went to watch Sky Sports on my laptop (which I was able to watch it on last month) but was told I had to install Sky Player first.  When I did that, I was told that I had used up both devices!  Little help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomgraybooks,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Sky Sports.

I've located your account and I can currently see two device changes available. Can you try re-registering the laptop again?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos