Menu
DavidButler
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to download Virgin TV anywhere app

I now have full Virgin Media  package installed and would like to set up my Ipad for Virgin TV anywhere but am unable to download the app for some reason. Can anyone help please

David Butler

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to download Virgin TV anywhere app

Can you provide some more detail? What error message are you getting when you try to download the TV Anywhere app from the App Store?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DavidButler
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for reply. Message is Unable to Download App  "virgin TV anywhere" could not be downloaded at this time. I must have tried at least 7 times so far but receive the same message each time. Have successfully downloaded other app since

Dave Butler

0 Kudos
gillypig
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, I am having the same problem, doesn't download to either itunes, or my ipad mini, I am a new customer too , hopefully the guys that monitor this forum can get clarification if its a general issue, or just a local issues with some customers
0 Kudos
gillypig
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

You may want to try again, I uninstalled itunes, rebooted, re-installed, and one final reboot to make sure! cos you never know, and itunes has allowed me to download from the app store

DavidButler
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply. I have the iTunes store on my ipad but am unable to delete it. Still get the same  message when I tried to download a few moments ago. Will keep trying to do not hold out much hope

Dave Butler

0 Kudos
liam_abrown
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

I have had the same problem all day. Just turned the wifi off on my iPhone and tried again...... It worked. So you can't download Virgin TV Anywhere app whilst connected to your Virgin broadband! 😂
0 Kudos
DavidButler
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Again many thanks for replies. I have already downloaded it to my android phone but still no success on my ipad.Latest is the icon appears on ipad does nothing when tapped and I am unable to delete it because the little "x" does not appear when the icon is held down

Dave Butler

0 Kudos
griffly16
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same for me - when selecting download from the app store, the progress 'circle' just stays at 0% and then a minute or two later get a message 'unable to download - try again later'

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

There is currently a fault downloading TV Anywhere from the App store.

We're working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you connect via an alternative connection, or change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 you'll be able to download it in the meantime.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos