Menu
Janpeace55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere connecting to my tivo

Am Sat looking at my superhub box and trying to connect the tv anywhere app to it and it says it cannot locate it ..help
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere connecting to my tivo

The TiVo needs to be connected to the Superhub with an Ethernet cable.

However, this only enables the TV Anywhere app to be used as a remote control for the TiVo, all the other features of TV Anywhere (managing TiVo recordings, streaming live TV etc.) should be available without this connection. Bear in mind that some channels cannot be streamed, only the ones that can have a small "wi-fi" icon next to them in the guide i.e. Channel 4.

Janpeace55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So not worth it? Should I be able to watch all channels on my phone ..e.g. sky sports
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I think you have to use Sky's own apps to watch the sports and movies, they have a special log-in option for VM users. For the BBC you have to use the iPlayer app. The availability of other channels varies, as I said, look for the Wi-Fi icon next to their name in the guide.

And yep, the connection doesn't add much, but if your TiVo is near your superhub you might find it worth cost of cable as they're less than a pound on eBay\Amazon.

Janpeace55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cable already in from tv to hub ...downloaded the sky app but cannot log on using my VM login ..just rejects it ...so frustrating. ..
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey Janpeace55,

Thank you for taking time to reach us, i hope you're enjoying the weekend so far Smiley Happy

It's great to see Tavis75 has been in to help you already, thank you. I've enclosed a link on a step by step guide to show you how to use the SKY side of TV Anywhere, from top to bottom. Have a click here.

Keep in touch and anything you need, please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Janpeace55
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have the sky app no problem but mv media details won't work on it ..just wanted to know why and what to do. The login works fine on mv media so reluctant to change my details as it should work ??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

In the detailed instructions provided above, are you sure you are carrying out step 6 correctly and not using your Virgin Media signon details in the Sky signon?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you're selecting the Virgin Media logo as part of the login, and not using the default username and password box which is for Sky customers.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Janpeace55
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes i am using the VM link !!! Just telling me its wrong ..it isnt
0 Kudos