Menu
chrissieb71
Dialled in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere device registration

I have a laptop specifically used to watch TV anywhere. It is one of my two registered devices, however, when I tried to watch it tonight, it said that I had reached my max devices - This device has been registered for TVAnywhere for well over a year and when I look at my device list it includes that laptop. Is this a current error with Virgin, or has the system somehow lost my registered device? I don't want to try changing it and lose my 1 change a month.

0 Kudos
BB333
Tuning in
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere device registration

I'm having the same issue TV anywhere device say my laptop isn't registered but is it (was working fine yesterday)

chrissieb71
Dialled in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi, finally a message has recently been posted on Virgin website saying that there is an issue logging in with IE and Firefox in my area - message wasn't there until about 10 mins ago. I tried logging in via Chrome and had the same issue. Normally use Firefox.

0 Kudos
Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hugely frustrating and so little feedback from VM re this issue.  Both my devices are now suddenly regarded as not registered and I've used up my '1 change a month' facility trying to get one to work. Come on VM, sort this out and inform your customers what is happening. 

Bingley
Superfast
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, I called 150 guy there added another available slot and deleted the registered ones I had. Nothing was even said about there being any problems. Typical VM yet again.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies regarding the issues you are currently facing with TV Anywhere.

We're aware there is an open fault and are working to get things fixed as soon as possible. 

You can keep up to date on the fault here: TV Anywhere Fault

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
chrissieb71
Dialled in
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

There is no update so far. Please advise what is happening as I continue to pay for a package with this facility in it, which has now not worked for 3 days. Will Virgin please issue financial credit its customers for the time this facility is out of action? Other providers would when parts of their systems are down.
0 Kudos
stewarmstrong
Just joined
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

This issue is occurring on Macs as well as PCs. Virgin say only a PC problem.

Liamn
Joining in
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

From the fault tracker;

"Update:

This problem has been confirmed as only affecting Windows based operating systems, we're currently working hard to remedy the issue."

This is clearly false, the problem occurs for me using Safari on OSX and at least one other poster.

This doesn't say very much for the platforms release testing or control (well, it does, it says there is little or no testing or quality control because the provider doesn't care if customers can't use the service they've paid for)

Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Same for me. Locked out of 2 Apple devices for 3 days now. Expect far better service.

0 Kudos