Menu
craigjackson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere not showing 'watch on ipad'

I may be missing something so blatantly obvious, so hopefully this is an easy fix, but whenever I go into the app it only on either my phone or tablet it only shows watch on tv, when it used to say watch on iPad! Is there something that may have changed? I have deleted the app and reinstalled in the off chance that would work but to no avail. Hopefully someone can help before the football tonight Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV anywhere not showing 'watch on ipad'

What channel are you trying to watch, as it sounds like you are selecting a channel that can't be streamed either because it's not available at all or it's the HD version of a channel.

Just to point out some channels changed EPG order recently such as BT Sport, and the HD channel lists first but only the SD version is selectable for streaming.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What channel are you trying to watch, as it sounds like you are selecting a channel that can't be streamed either because it's not available at all or it's the HD version of a channel.

Just to point out some channels changed EPG order recently such as BT Sport, and the HD channel lists first but only the SD version is selectable for streaming.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
craigjackson1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ahh I wasn't noticing the hd change! I had a feeling it was something so simple that I was missing! Thank you!
0 Kudos
MHme
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just trying to set up my TV anywhere and having similar problem.

Choose channel 5 and get 'watch on tablet' button (it doesn't come on screen - but that's a different problem) but choose BBC1 and only get 'watch on TV' button.

After long phone call with customer services yesterday went through registration etc and got it working.  Now, there seems to be no consistency in when or what I can watch.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The BBC do not allow their channels to be streamed by apps such as TV Anywhere and Sky Go as they expect you to use their iPlayer.

Only channels with the wifi symbol can be streamed.

0 Kudos