Menu
fisherdouglas
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

When I sign into Virgin TV Anywhere to watch programmes on my tablet in my house, I keep getting asked to sign in and have to input my user id, password, activate capcha, etc. This is a bit annoying and don't understand why you have to keep doing this in your own house. When I rang helpdesk they said it is for security reasons but could not give me an answer as to why I have to continually do this. Is there any way you can change setting on my tablet so I do not have to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

I had this issue last week and couldn't sign in...just 'reconnecting' continually. Only found out ..away... from home network that the issue was a network issue. The app told me! Why it can't do this at home and save me 4 hours!
My network checked ok, but was advised online to reset tivo box. This cured all my issues bar away streaming. Running Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S6.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Cos that's the way its written.

I have to sign in occasionally, however it seems to remember me most of the time and will usually just display signing in without asking me for user id etc.

You'll find that even when you're on you home network you're still restricted to 2 machines that can stream from a V6, so security wise no special considerations are given when your at home, even though it would be nice if they were.

0 Kudos