Menu
WAN
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere cannot find my TIVO box from my Smartphone, but finds it from a laptop Why?

TV Anywhere cannot find my TIVO box from my Smartphone but can connect from my laptop. I am running the new Android v5,0 download. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere cannot find my TIVO box from my Smartphone, but finds it from a laptop Why?

Hi WAN, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue connecting to TV Anywhere via your smartphone.  

It would help if we had a little bit more information to go on :smileyhappy:

What make and model smartphone are you using?

What error message are you getting when attempting to use TV Anywhere?

What action are you trying to perform?

Is your TiVo® connected to your hub / router via an ethernet cable?

Let me know and I can then help further :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
WAN
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere cannot find my TIVO box from my Smartphone, but finds it from a laptop Why?

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G901F running Android  5.0.2. I am logging in ok but then it says can't find Tivo Box on network.

My router is upstairs and the box is downstairs. I connect to everything via WiFi. my laptop connects to Tivo fine. I want to remotely record TV programmes. I trust that this helps.

0 Kudos
WAN
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Any news?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

WAN wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G901F running Android  5.0.2. I am logging in ok but then it says can't find Tivo Box on network.

My router is upstairs and the box is downstairs. I connect to everything via WiFi.

Unless you've bought and fitted one of those special wireless adapters (it has a name I don't recall) to the TiVo, the TiVo would need its Ethernet connection to the Superhub. Powerlines (homeplugs) can bridge the gap between the two, but you would need two Ethernet cables as well as the powerlines.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

WAN wrote:

My router is upstairs and the box is downstairs. I connect to everything via WiFi.

Unless you've bought and fitted one of those special wireless adapters (it has a name I don't recall) to the TiVo, the TiVo would need its Ethernet connection to the Superhub. Powerlines (homeplugs) can bridge the gap between the two, but you would need two Ethernet cables as well as the powerlines.

They're simply called universal wifi adapters and are generally used with Smart TVs that don't have their own wifi adapter.

The one I use is a Netgear WNCE2001.

WAN
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My current setup has worked fine, it still works from the laptop, it's only the smartphone that is the problem which is now running Android 5.0.2.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi WAN, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to us. 

Can you please make sure you are only posting once about your issue as I have responded to the other thread requesting information. 

Can you please reboot your TiVo® box. This should then allow you to remote record again. 

Just out of interest, what channel are you trying to record? 

You would only need to connect your TiVo® to the hub if you wanted to use your device as a remote control.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
WAN
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have gone to settings and rebooted the box but when I try to connect from my Galaxy S5 I still get the message your Virgin Media box cannot be found on the network. I can still connect from my laptop.

0 Kudos
WAN
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am still awaiting a response to this reply
0 Kudos