Menu
cccc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app

I have had the app on my Kindle fire for ages and it has always worked fine but since the update yesterday it will not work. Seems to be stuck in a loop of download update, install update, install fail... any chance we can get an option to roll back to previous incarnation in amazon app store until this is fixed?

0 Kudos
Joosh997
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app

Yep I'm having exactly same issue Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's let me in but I too would like to go back to the previous version because the "remote" option has lost all the useful features of the old one. You can't even pause, fast-forward, rewind, etc.

EDIT: Ooops! See next post!
0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. I've just found out that the remote does pause etc after all. I didn't realise that there are now actually 3 different remote screens. (You have to scroll down to see the 2nd and 3rd).
0 Kudos
cccc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app - update

This has now been raised as an IT issue with virgin - affecting several Kindle users - see below thread on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00LSVCZLM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_hist_1/253-9395071-8392224?ie=UT...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app - update

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear your Kindle is no longer working with TV Anywhere since updating the app. 

We are no longer supporting the below Kindle Fire devices. This is because they don’t have enough processing power to run the new version of the app.

- Kindle Fire (2012) 2nd gen model # KFOT 

- Kindle Fire HD 7” (2012) model # KFJA (WAN) + KFJWI (WiFi) 

- Kindle Fire (2012) HD 8.9” model # KFAPWA (WAN) KFAPWI (Wi-Fi)

In order for TV Anywhere to work you also need to have a minimum of Android 4.1 OS and these models are on Android 4.0.3. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos