Menu
Alaneadie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports on new device

Hi, similar to other posts I've seen, I am having trouble accessing the sky sports app on a new device.
I have removed my old phone from my TV anywhere account, but I understand that the sky app is not synced to this and that this needs to be updated by Virgin.
Can you assist in updating my new device to sky sports please?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports on new device

Hi Alaneadie,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. 

As you correctly mentioned, the TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have reset the Sky platform for you now so there are no devices and you have 1 change to use to add the new device. If you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Alaneadie
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports on new device

Hi Kath,

Thanks for this, it seems to have done the trick!

I did receive a warning about the browser on Android 6.0 not being supported when I accessed MyProfile on the website, but when I exited and went onto the Sky Sports app I was able to stream with no issues.

I am expecting a new tablet to arrive soon, so hopefully the fact that you reset the Sky platform will mean I can access on that too, but I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again,
Alan
0 Kudos