Menu
ftalidi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky apps - trouble logging in

I've downloaded the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps onto my mobile phone (galaxy samsung S5), but when I type my username and password in, nothing happens. The screen just freezes.

Does anyone know why this is? I have sports and movies in my package, and I know that my username and password are correct. It just doesn't work.

Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky apps - trouble logging in

Hi ftalidi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to see a new member getting involved with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue logging in to the Sky apps. the first thing to make sure is that you are running the latest versions of the apps. Go to the Playstore and check to see if there are any updates Smiley Happy

Also make sure, when logging in, you are selecting the VM logo first. 

Double check you are also using the Primary VM login details. Whilst secondary accounts will work with TV Anywhere, they wont with Sky. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ftalidi
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for getting back to me. I definitely have the latest version of the app, I set up a primary VM email address, as it wouldn't accept my normal hotmail login details, and I am logging in via the VM logo.  So I feel like I've done everything possible but it still won't work!

This is really frustrating, as I don't feel like I'm getting value for money.

Also, I've tried amending my VM email, but there appears to be no way to do this on my account. Please can you advise?

Thanks, Fatima.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fatima

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Have you tried to un-install and re-install the app to see if that works for you?

On your account there is another device that is registered to use the Sky apps, do you get this issue on that device? With your username and password does it allow you to log into your TV Anywhere account?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ftalidi
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Yes, I have uninstalled and then installed again, no change. My main account login/username hotmail email address works fine for TV anywhere.  Neither my hotmail or Virgin mail (which I cannot seem to access to update on my account) works for the Sky apps.  And I cannot access the sky apps on my other device (tablet) either. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks, Fatima.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fatima

Thanks for the reply

In regards to signing into TV Anywhere and Sky you will need to use your hotmail details for both.

Since you last posted I can see there is a PC registered for Sky. Is this device working? As you have an available slot remaining on Sky, go onto the Samsung Galaxy S5, open Sky Sports, sign in with your hotmail details (without any pre filters) and see if that will work please.

If so, you can select a channel to stream and this will prompt for registration.

Speak soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos