Menu
Ednapper
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Registered device not registered

My registered devices persistently come up as being not registered.

I believe this is caused when upgrading my iPad OS, but both devices are iPad's so both get upgraded at similar times, is there any way round this apart from not upgrading my OS?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registered device not registered

Hi Ednapper,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us Smiley Happy

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the iPhone registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change for you to re-register one of the devices. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ednapper
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

many thanks for the help.

I have re-registered my second device ok but this was through the additional change allocated by you.

I already have an OS update to do on my first device which will then need to be re-registered so I will need to wait until next month to do this.

The problem still exists where an OS update requires a device to be re-registered and this can only be done if you have not used your monthly change.

Re-registering an already registered device should not require using the monthly change because it is already registered??

Thanks again for your help,

cheers

Ednapper

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ednapper

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I know how frustrating this can be as this happens to me on my Samsung phone. When there is an updates I have to re-register the device.

There is an available change for you to use on both TV Anywhere and Sky, if you wanted to re-register your other device.

If there are any further issues, by all means let us know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos