Menu
Sarahdunwell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not connected to TiVo box on home network

I've successfully logged in to the TV Anywhere app & can see all my recordings etc. But I can't get the app to connect to the TiVo box. My router isn't close enough to the TiVo box to connect via cable. I've gone through the troubleshooting options and have rebooted the router & TiVo box, reinstalled the app, checked the box is configured to receive commands etc. What next...any suggestions, please?
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not connected to TiVo box on home network

What are you trying to achieve?

0 Kudos
Sarahdunwell
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to be able to watch the available TV channels while I'm away from home and be able to set recordings etc. I can't do anything until I can get past this 'can not connect to tivo' error when I first log in.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You don't need the connection to do what you want.

You do get that message when you try to watch a channel that cannot be streamed. Not all channels can be streamed; just those with the wifi symbol. Try channel 104.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarahdunwell, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great to have you here Smiley Happy

As mentioned by Ernie_C, for what you are looking to do, you don't need to connect the TiVo® to your router. 

Try channel 4 as suggested above and this should play on your device. If it doesn't try rebooting the TiVo®. 

If you are still having an issue, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos