Menu
CaptainBiggles0
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My hudl 2 works as a remote but doesn't give me the option to watch on tablet only watch on TV

I have managed to download and install the app, my TiVo box is connected to home network, and I can access everything and use as a remote. However it won't let me watch on tablet, following instructions it says choose program click watch now and if first time will ask to register device, doesn't give me this option any ideas!? No other devices registered on my account

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My hudl 2 works as a remote but doesn't give me the option to watch on tablet only watch on TV

CaptainBiggles0 wrote:

I have managed to download and install the app, my TiVo box is connected to home network, and I can access everything and use as a remote. However it won't let me watch on tablet, following instructions it says choose program click watch now and if first time will ask to register device, doesn't give me this option any ideas!? No other devices registered on my account

That sounds like you're trying to watch a program you've recorded. The app only lets you start recorded programs playing back on your TV, you can't watch them in the app itself. Within the app you can watch streaming TV from the available channels.

0 Kudos
CaptainBiggles0
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My hudl 2 works as a remote but doesn't give me the option to watch on tablet only watch on TV

Unfortunately same thing with streaming live TV, only option is to watch on TV

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

CaptainBiggles0 wrote:

Unfortunately same thing with streaming live TV, only option is to watch on TV

Are you sure the channel you want to watch is one of the ones available for streaming? They have a small "wi-fi" type icon next to them in the guide (there's also a way to bring up a list of the channels available for streaming, but I can't remember off the top of my head how!).

ITV is available for streaming, so you could try that one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaptainBiggles0

Welcome to the community

I am sorry to hear that your unable to stream channels through your Hudl 2 on TV Anywhere.

On your account there is one device registered for TV Anywhere. If you sign into your account and click on Device Settings under My Profile is the Hudl 2 the one that is registered? If so try streaming a channel the one's that have a wireless symbol at the side, select Watch Now then Watch on Tablet, this should then start working for you.

If the Hudl is not showing as registered when you select Watch Now it should ask you to register the device.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos