Menu
cebbie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Dell XPS laptop returns device could not be detected for virgin anywhere.

I also have a Microsoft surface 3 pro which is the same spec as my dell and it too is not detected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Dell XPS laptop returns device could not be detected for virgin anywhere.

Hi cebbie, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having getting your devices working with TV Anywhere. 

The Microsoft Surface Pro isn't a supported device due to it's capability of being a used as a laptop or a Windows Tablet. We don't have an app for use with Windows Tablets. 

I'm not sure whether the Dell is the same or whether it is a touch screen. If just a touchscreen laptop, using Firefox to register the device should allow your device to be detected however this work around won't work with the Surface Pro. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sheafal
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Dell XPS laptop returns device could not be detected for virgin anywhere.

My dell XPS does not work either, I have registered it but it is not compatible because its win 8 (upgraded to pro) with media centre, I cannot watch live streaming TV.

I believe the $%£$ at virgin can't make it work with a media centre!! fancy that watching TV using a purpose designed media device, what excuse will they think of next.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheafal, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to the thread you created here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Why-is-my-version-of-windows-not-working/m-p/281005...

Please ensure you are only posting once about your issue as duplicate posts can be deleted and can also mean we take longer to reply due to an increase in posts. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos