Menu
Valiant05
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Screen sharing error

On a newly purchased Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 running Android version 5.1.1

Virgin TV Anywhere app works perfectly and I can stream TV to the device. When I try to use Sky Cinema or Sky Sports apps I get the error 'Cannot connect to Sky Cinema (Sky Sports). This application does not support screen sharing when streaming.'

I am not trying to screen share, just watch on the device. Any help would be much appreciated.

Valiant05

0 Kudos
robbiedeacon
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Screen sharing error

I also have the very same problem with my Lenovo Yoga Tab.

Just tried to use the Sky Sports App today and it won't work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Valiant05,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the forums. 

Apologies to hear you've not been able to watch Sky Sports on your new device. 

When attempting to stream via the Sky Sports app, are you connected in anyway to anything else other than a charger? If so the app may be mistaking it for you try to share the screen. 

Have you ever attempted to do this on the device previously? If so the app may be remembering this. Deleting the app and re-installing it may help.

Give it a try and keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robbiedeacon
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had no luck I'm afraid.

I have nothing connected to the device at all and have never used 'screen share' functionality. Tried reinstalling the apps but still no joy. The Virgin TV Anywhere app is working fine but the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports get the error forr some reason?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Valiant05
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear, it is both Sky Sports and Sky Cinema apps which will not work. No, I haven't had the device connected to anything else, it is pretty much brand new out of the box. I did try removing and reinstalling both apps, several times to be honest, before posting here, but made no progress. 

Out of interest, are you able to tell me if the Virgin TV Anywhere app supports screen sharing? I might be wrong but is the problem due to the Sky apps thinking I'm screen sharing when not actually doing so? I did check on the Virgin website before I bought the tablet whether it was supported by TV Anywhere - it is listed as enabled for streaming TV - you can probably imagine my disappointment when it didn't work as expected. Here's hoping you can find a solution for me.

Valiant05

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks very much for coming back to me on this. 

Currently TV Anywhere has restricted the feature for Screen sharing so if you were trying to screen share on the app, you'll get the same error message as what you're seeing for the Sky Apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky apps work off different platforms as they belong to and are run / updated by their own provider. 

I'll be honest, I am at a loss over what could be causing the issues here. I'm going to pop this thread across to the TV Anywhere team to see if they have any idea on what could be happening here. Once I hear back from them, I shall be in touch. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

The team have come back to me now asking if we can check a few things. 

After going back to Sky, this doesn't seem to be a known issue with them. 

Can you please double checkthat you don’t have any screen sharing settings enabled?

Also have you used any other casting services or apps on this device? (Chromecast that sort of thing.)

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Valiant05
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply.

Having checked everything I can think of, I can't find anything relating to screen sharing. Other than the apps required for watching TV I've not installed anything on the device. Also I can't see anything related to Chromecast anywhere. Why does TV Anywhere work okay but the Sky apps don't?

I did read on a Sky forum people having the same issue with this particular tablet and others. Their problems appear to have been solved by an update of the Sky Go app, unfortunately this doesn't help Virgin Media customers.

Maybe 'robbiedeacon' has solved the problem.

Valiant05

0 Kudos
robbiedeacon
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi both.

No unfortunately I haven't solved the problem and can only echo everything that Valiant05 has said.

As far as I'm aware the Yoga Tab 3 doesn't even have screen sharing capability which is the most confusing thing.

Must be something to do with Sky and it's apps compatibility with this tablet.

Just hoping someone at Sky is looking into it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Eandm2006
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Was there a resolution to this.   I've just got a Lenovo Yoga 3 tablet and got the same problem.   Can anyone share the fix if there is one?

thanks

0 Kudos