Menu
cordner6628
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I really am struggling with TV anywhwere, I have the App on a compatable android phone

Good Evening, basically I want to watch some TV on my phone when Im away working, or maybe watch it on my tablet.  I have a compatable phone and Im sitting indoors having downloaded the app, I just cannot get the phone to connect to the Tivo box?  the phone has recognised the box but wont connect to it.  I have chased myself in circles on the site with FAQs, tried ringing 150 but there is no real suitable option, tried loads of You Tube clips etc but still cant over this will not connect business..  Can anyone give me an Idiots Guide to setting this up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I really am struggling with TV anywhwere, I have the App on a compatable android phone

Welcome - why struggle when all the help you could need is on the VM help pages. Link below.

Your phone does not need to connect to your TiVo - that's not how it works except for remote control options.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?TOPIC_ID=162739&TOPIC_TYPE=0&STARTING_ID=0...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I really am struggling with TV anywhwere, I have the App on a compatable android phone

Hi cordner6628

Welcome to the community

I am sorry to hear that your unable to use TV Anywhere through your phone.

You should be able to view streamable channels without having to connect to your TiVo®. This would only to be for the use of remote control access.

As long as your phone is registered which you can see through your account, under My Profile select Device Settings. Have a WiFi connection, then select a streamable channel this should work.

What devices are you trying this on? Have you tried to bypass the option of connecting to the TiVo® to see if you can get a channel to stream?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos