Menu
brucemarshall
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I get error d1 when connecting my tablet via HDMI to a TV. OK without HDMI cable.

Using a Toshiba AT10, which now works with TV anywhere I get the error code D1 streaming error as soon as I plug in my HDMI cable to watch on a TV. The error disappears when I unplug the HDMI and watch on the tablet screen. I have no problems watching anything else using HDMI including Netflix.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I get error d1 when connecting my tablet via HDMI to a TV. OK without HDMI cable.

This isn't a fault - TVA is doing what it's supposed to (which is nothing short if a miracle really).

You can only use the intended device's screen when using the TVA apps.
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I get error d1 when connecting my tablet via HDMI to a TV. OK without HDMI cable.

"a bit disappointing" just about sums up TV Anywhere.  See, even if you could output to a TV via mini HDMI, you'd still need to be:

(a) in the UK

(b) have a wi-fi connection.

Virgin Media's understanding of the word "anywhere" differs to that of everyone else.

Even the things it is supposed to do, it doesn't do well.  So "pointless" probably sums it up better!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

IE or Firefox. Ensure your Adobe Flash is up to date.

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This isn't a fault - TVA is doing what it's supposed to (which is nothing short if a miracle really).

You can only use the intended device's screen when using the TVA apps.
0 Kudos
brucemarshall
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - but a but disappointing - it would be great to be able to watch virgin TV on holiday etc. It seems pointless unless you can.

cheers

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"a bit disappointing" just about sums up TV Anywhere.  See, even if you could output to a TV via mini HDMI, you'd still need to be:

(a) in the UK

(b) have a wi-fi connection.

Virgin Media's understanding of the word "anywhere" differs to that of everyone else.

Even the things it is supposed to do, it doesn't do well.  So "pointless" probably sums it up better!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
brucemarshall
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

well there you go - too good to be true! Not concerned about UK and WIFI, but a bit **bleep** that I can't watch on holiday with my family!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah. FWIW, you can output HDMI from TV Anywhere using a laptop/browser.  So long as that browser isn't the world's most popular (ie:Chrome).

0 Kudos
brucemarshall
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Any Idea which browsers will work?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

IE or Firefox. Ensure your Adobe Flash is up to date.