Menu
DoItWithV
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hudl 2 Screen Rotation issue.

I hope someone can help me.

I recently upgraded my hudl 2 to the latest version of android 5.1 (however this issue was the same before the upgrade).

I can only view the TV anywhere app in portrait. When i rotate my tablet to landscape the app doesn't. Makes it hard to navigator when i have it rested on the stand.

Not sure if this is how the app is meant to be, or if its a issue with my tablet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry if this has already been asked or answered)

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hudl 2 Screen Rotation issue.

I have a hudl as well. To be honest I just assumed this was normal behaviour and the app was not meant to autorotate.

Would be interested to know if the app rotates on other devices?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the screen isn't auto rotating for you. Normally, any tablets with a screen size of 7 inches or more will get the Tablet version of the app. 

Checking the specs for the Hudl 2, I can see this is 8.3 inches. 

I've emailed the product team to find out where we go from here and will pop you an update once I have one.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

I have just heard back from the team and they have advised the following 'The Hudl2 won’t receive the tablet version of the Android app because of the relationship of the pixel density of the screen (ppi) vs the size of the screen as to which format of the app the device receives.'

Due to this, it's only receiving the Mobile version and therefore won't auto rotate. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos