Menu
SAFCDoog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having to register the same device every month!!!!

Now getting to be a joke.  Every month I have to reregister the same device for my TV Anywhere service.  First I get the message to say that the Mac isn't one of my two registered devices, when in fact it is both!  Why does the system not recognise the same device? Getting a bit fed up with this malarkey - I don't use it that often, but I'm being penalised to using the service only twice a month!!!! Very annoying when the Olympics are on!

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Having to register the same device every month!!!!

An update to your browser or operating system usually means you need to delete & re-register the device. 

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

An update to your browser or operating system usually means you need to delete & re-register the device. 

SAFCDoog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that insight Crocket - that actually makes sense!  I'll now delete the devices before upgrading, which should hopefully make life easier.  Thanks once again for your response.

0 Kudos
Roger39
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I use the same laptop to watch on line yet it tells me that  "You currently have both of your 2 allowed devices registered"  and the Sky page says "unable to register this device.  You have already used your device changes this month"

I don't understand why it is saying this as I use the one laptop and I've not made any changes.  I currently can't view anything.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger39

Thanks for you the message, I'd love to help you Smiley Happy

When it comes to the TV Anywhere, changes to your OS can cause a bit of confusion. If this was not the case, please can you try and remove one or more of the devices via anywhere.virginmedia.com and then re registering it once more?

Let me know when you have done this, I have already refreshed you allowances.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos