Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device not registered again!!!!

After my last post when my I Phone suddenly didn't  let me view Sky, my new laptop allowed me to for a whole 2 days but now I am told it is not registered and I have no device changes left as this was used to register my laptop in the first place!

What the hell is going on here? It shows the laptop as a registered device in my profile. Guess I will be missing the football again this weekend due to Virgin's inability to supply a decent service.

Moan over, just glad my contract doesn't have much longer to run then back to Sky (Not perfect but a hell of a lot better).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device not registered again!!!!

Hi PeteMead

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV on the Go service lately.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and can see the laptop that was last changed on the 5th, I can also see you've got one remaining change so if you're still experiencing the problem, remove the device and add again, as that usually helps.

If that's not helping either, let us know and we'll take another look at escalating this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
YGW
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PeteMead wrote:

After my last post when my I Phone suddenly didn't  let me view Sky, my new laptop allowed me to for a whole 2 days but now I am told it is not registered and I have no device changes left as this was used to register my laptop in the first place!

What the hell is going on here? It shows the laptop as a registered device in my profile. Guess I will be missing the football again this weekend due to Virgin's inability to supply a decent service.

Moan over, just glad my contract doesn't have much longer to run then back to Sky (Not perfect but a hell of a lot better).

Happens to me all the time. I use the same laptop to access it and it still tells me I've not registered. I use the device slots up all the time by re-adding the same laptop. Customer service is the same laugh-a-minute excuse as ever.

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deleted and added laptop again and working at the moment, lets see how long for this time.

0 Kudos
dcbrown
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have this same problem with my laptop. Always using firefox, TV anywhere will be working fine then one day will tell me that it is not registered and I can't watch TV anywhere.

Luckily so far it has only happened once in a month so I can delete the occurrence of that laptop and re-register it. I'm sure I will not be that lucky forever!

I wondered if it was a windows update that somehow changed the laptops identity so that virgin TV anywhere did not recognise it anymore?

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a clue and to be honest I don't think Virgin do either. It seems the standard response is to just give you another device change. Whilst this is the least they can do so people can watch Sky it obviously doesn't solve the problem long term,

0 Kudos