Menu
nodsir65
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration on Sky Sports

Having a problem with device registration on Sky Sports.  I just removed a PC and added a new iPad which unfortunately has the same name as the other device registered. I now have 2 devices registered using the same name (one of which I don't own any more!) and don't know which one to delete.  I've used up my measly 1 change this month but would like to delete the old iPad and add a laptop... is this possible? If so, how?

Also, as Ihave 2 Tivo boxes should I not have more device registrations - how can this be increased?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration on Sky Sports

Hi nodsir65, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with registering your device for use with Sky. 

The amount of device registrations is per account not per TiVo® box so you will only have 2 registrations. 

With regards to which device is which, we have no way of knowing. Sky registrations are automatically registered using your device name so it may be worth changing the devices name in the iPad settings to something you can recognise it by. 

I've gone in to the account and added a device change so you can re-register the laptop. Once you've used this, your allowance will be reset 1st April Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nodsir65
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for this.

My problem is that I don't know which device to de-register as they both have the same name! If I de-register both on Sky Sports can I then re- register just the new iPad within my allocated change allowance.  I really don't understand why there is a limit on device changes- after all, if you';re allowed to watch on 2 devices then does it really matter which 2?

Graham

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for coming back to us!

You can unregister both devices then use the device change to add it back on. If there's any trouble I can add another change for you.

The 'two devices' is there to prevent people from abusing the system. If you could register then unregister a device as much as you liked, you could 'loan out' your subscription to a friend for an evening for example. It's just to make sure only the person subscribed to the service is using it.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos