Menu
Dag0n
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Device Changes

I've added a device to my TV anywhere but when trying to stream it was saying to register device. I removed it but not cannot add an addional as I have gone over my monthly changes.

Is there anything I can do or am I going to have to wait until the end of the month Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Changes

Hi Dag0n,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to add your device. 

I have sent you a private message in relation to this Smiley Happy Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tiresais
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same ridiculous messages for me as well. BOTH times I've tried to use it in the past two weeks I've been unable due to the shoddy work from Virgin. What am I paying for exactly? Why can't I email customer support? Why are there no chat agents for complaints? Poor service.

Why does it recognise NEITHER of the devices I registered? Why must I miss TV I want to watch because Virgin can't provide an adequate service?

0 Kudos
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I tried to watch some Champions League tonight on the only iPad mini we have - and its a registered device. It then tells me is not registered device and I have to delete the exiting 'iPad mini' and start again meaning I've needlessly used up my 1 device change.

Why is all this sooooo difficult to get reliable on Virgin Media??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tiresais,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that your having issues with TV Anywhere and that it won't recognise the devices you are registering.

When I checked your account I can see that you have 2 devices that are already registered. Are these the devices that your having the issues with? To check this, sign into your TV Anywhere account, under My Profile click on device settings and this will show you the devices that are currently registered. 

If these are correct then we are going in the right direction to get this fixed for you. Let me know when you can.

Hi WhiteHartMart

Sorry again that you were having issues with not able to view Champions League on your iPad.

If you sign into your TV Anywhere, under My Profile you will see device settings and Sky Movies & Sky Sports. These are 2 different options of having your devices registered. Device settings will be the registered devices to use TV Anywhere, whereas Sky Movies & Sky Sports will have the registered devices to only use Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

As you mentioned the iPad was registered and you had an error saying it wasn't registered. If you log into your account can you see if the iPad is registered for just TV Anywhere or Sky Movies & Sports or both.

This may be part of the issue when you tried to watch Champions League.

Look forward to hearing from you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sam - didn't realise I had to register device separately on the Sky services - my bad.

Is there any likelihood of a small device increase on this service - my son's iPad and my Macbook take care of my limite yet I'd love to watch some F1 from my office computer Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi WhiteHartMart

Thanks for getting back in touch.

At the moment unfortunately we only have the 2 device registrations available for TV Anywhere and Sky apps. I myself wish there was more devices that we can use.

If anything does arise in the future it will be posted here.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tiresais
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Those are the ones, thanks Samantha - neither are being recognised - it doesn't like my laptop or computer and this happens every time. Every time I need to register/change my device - it's a system of incompetence that means I can't access the services I'm paying for. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tiresais, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Right next thing we need to check is what browser are you using to access TV Anywhere? 

Is your Adobe Flash and Java completely up to date?

It may be worth deleting one of the devices from TV Anywhere via the route Sam gave you above and then deleting the cache and cookies and re registering. 

Has this made any difference?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos